Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Chicken Tikka Masala

Happy Wednesday!!

A couple of people have asked for my Chicken Tikka Masala recipe.   Here is a link to the recipe I typically use.  https://pinchofyum.com/chicken-tikka-masala

Most all tikka masala recipes are similar but the best thing I like about this recipe is making a batch of the Masala paste to stash in the freezer.  While I LOVE cooking, somedays you need quick and simple without lacking on flavor or nutrition.  The only thing I do differently from her recipe is I either use coconut milk or evaporated milk instead of cream.  In my opinion it doesn't change the tastes and does lower the calories just a bit.

I also like to keep a jar of this in the pantry for quick dinners.  A friend of mine told me about it a couple of years ago and since she is from India I trusted her taste, plus the ingredient list doesn't sound like a science experiment like some jarred sauces do.  Just cook the chicken, add the sauce, let it heat up and serve over rice with Naan or flatbread.   



14 comments:

  1. I love masala and tend to make chickpea and veg version. I'll use coconut milk if my older daughter joins, but my younger and I prefer with yogurts. So hearty but still can't get hubs to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully my hubs loves it probably even more than I do.

      Delete
  2. I have a tendency to love anything over rice. Is it the chicken or the rice?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks easy except for making the paste since I don't have a food processor. Were you able to find the jar of the Tikki Masala at at a regular grocery store luke Wal-Mart or did you have to go to a specialty store? I bet it is so yummy though!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shouldn't have any trouble finding it. I bought it at a regular grocery store. It is tasty.

      Delete
  4. Well this sounds intriguing. I am not familiar at all with this substance or the recipe or dish ... sounds wonderful! Happy Easter, Lori! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has a nice warm flavor. Not spicy much at all.
      Happy Easter to you as well!!

      Delete
  5. This sounds delicious! Thank you for the recipe! I found you through Billie jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie. Hope you stop by again.

      Delete
  6. I so wish I loved cooking!

    Seems of late, that nothing I make, comes out right. -pout- And it just gets me more-down, on the whole cooking thing.

    I would love to be able to have our dinners done for us, some how! But it can't be. Too expensive and I have dietary issues.

    Oh well.. :-)

    Happy Easter
    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    I have always loved cooking but I know so many that do not. I hope you've enjoyed your Spring break.

    Happy Easter to you as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good! I wouldn't mind trying it with tofu.

    ReplyDelete