Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: My 2022 goals.  It's April so I went over my list of goals for the year to see where I'm at with them.  I'm ahead on a few and behind on a few others.  All and all I'm doing pretty well.  I'm nowhere near my reading goal but typically I read much more during the summer and fall so I should still make it.

Where I've been: Yesterday the big guy and I took a road trip to do some shopping and have lunch.  It was nice to spend the day out together and enjoy the sunny day.  On the way home we stopped at Yellin Hellens to split an All-American sundae. Apple pie, ice cream and cinnamon. Delicious!!


Where I'm going: I didn't make it to the library this past week so it is on the agenda for this week.  I also need to make a trip to Goodwill to drop off the two large boxes of 'stuff' that we no longer use.  The big guy and I did a pro con list of a yard sale and decided to donate. Other than that I'll be going between work and home. I'm looking forward to a weekend at home next week.

What I'm watching: I had the TV on a few evenings while I was working in the kitchen and listened to a few episodes of Modern Family and Gilmore Girls.  Other than that I didn't really watch anything.

What I'm reading: I finally finished Taste by Stanley Tucci.  I had set it aside for a while but it is done now. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.  There is one recipe in it for a pasta dish with zucchini that I will be trying this summer.

What I'm listening to: With everything going on all over the world I'm trying to keep it as quiet as possible to calm my mind.  I had a couple of weeks where my mind seemed to be all over the place and the quiet seems to help with that.

What I'm eating: 

Turkey, potato cheese patties, salad and deviled eggs. (left overs from Easter)
Pasta, salad and bread sticks. (I make the bread sticks from pizza dough and they are so good)


Veggie, chicken egg rolls and rice
Another pot of chili because it was a cool night


Calzones, salad and a couple of motz sticks. (I had bought a box of motz sticks thinking they wouldn't taste that bad...neither of us would eat them)


Yesterday we had a late lunch that was delicious and we were still pretty full so had a salad for dinner.  I LOVE a good club and hadn't had one in a very long time.  This one was so good I had eaten one wedge before I remembered to take a picture. Not a great picture but it was a great sandwich.





Who needs a good slap:  Main stream media.  Does anyone still actually listen to this shit??

What I'm planning:  I need to call the landscaper this week to get a spot with him.  We want to freshen up everything in the front yard and add a few more bushes and a tree. I'm also still trying to figure out a day trip for next month.  I have no idea where I want to go but am thinking a trip to Kentucky may be it.

What's making me smile:  This is a partial smile, partial shaking my head moment. The big guy sent me this picture from the restroom at the restaurant yesterday.  I just shook my head and thought seriously?? I don't know which is worse, the sign or the fact that he felt the need to take a picture and send it to me. Gotta smile at his warped sense of humor.


I hope everyone has a great week.  Enjoy your Sunday!!

20 comments:

  1. Those potato cheese patties sound delicious. Is it something you made, Lori, or bought at the store? Hungry minds want to know, lol :)

    LOL with the picture your hubby sent you from the restroom. My hubby would have done the same thing. Pretty clever sign I do think!

    Really, I do not know how anyone can watch mainstream media. We don't watch the local news anymore but there were times when we did that we would bet how long it would take in the broadcast before we were appalled at something they said. One time it was within 30 seconds of them beginning the news program. I find it really interesting that the Johnny Depp trial is being streamed. I've avoided listening to it but one of my coworkers is fascinated by it all.

    That ice cream sundae looks so delicious! It was probably wise to share it :) I always enjoy day trips; yours looked like a great one!

    Wise to donate instead of having a garage sale. Sometimes they are worth having, sometimes they are a big hassle.

    I liked the Gilmore Girls when I binged on them on Netflix. Now I'm watching Working Moms while at work. At home we really don't watch much TV. I think that might be a good thing?

    Have a great Sunday and an awesome week ahead, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I make mashed potatoes, I make a little extra and take the leftovers, add an egg and a bit of cheese and green onions. Form them into a patty and pan fry. They are SO good.

      The sign was funny. The one in the ladies room said 'Please do not stand until the performance is over." But it never crossed my mind to take a picture. LOL

      I haven't watched the news in years. Yesterday at the pub it was on and I couldn't help but think who listens to this stuff??

      I've only had one yard sale in my life and you're right it really isn't worth having.

      I don't watch much TV either but do turn to things I've seen before just as background noise sometimes.

      Thanks for dropping by Betty!!

      Delete
  2. Breadsticks with pizza dough are great if you do it right. I would know from firsthand experience when I was working through college.

    I stopped listening to MSM a long time ago. Once in awhile, I'll tolerate MSNBC for a few minutes but it's basically background noise for the most part.

    That picture is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must have done them right because they were delicious.

    I stopped watching years ago also but it was on at the pub we went to and I just couldn't help thinking who listens to this??

    I hope you have a great week my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cable stations, any of them, just spew what they think gets more viewers. I'm happier to just get my news locally or through BBC but I suppose some will say they're just leaning left or right too. I just want to know what's happened, what's scheduled, and think for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I only caught it because it was on at the place we had lunch yesterday. BBC is pretty good along with Al Jazeera news. We don't get Al Jazeera on Dish any longer so I go to the website now.

      Delete
  5. First, I love your Big Guy's sense of humor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Oh yes, we have to still our mind, by being very careful, of what we allow into it. Nothing else, does any good, for anyone, especially for us.

    Multi Source Media... Horrible. But I fear, a lot of people, STILL absorb and believe, everything it spews out. Sighhhhhhhhhhh

    Turkey, Potato, Cheese patties! These sound delicious. Will have to look up a recipe.

    Gentle hugs
    🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I make mashed potatoes I make a bit extra for another meal. Just add an egg and cheese and green onions if you want. Mix it up, form into a patty and pan fry. Super easy and SO good. The turkey was on the side but if you wanted to add cooked turkey it would be good too. These are very versitile.

      Delete
  6. I cannot remember when I last had a sundae.
    The sandwich looks best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had a few bites. Sweets aren't my thing. But my sandwich...it was divine!!

      Delete
  7. Loved the pictures. We cleaned the police station for 10 years to help put girls through college. I swear they could not hit the broadside of a barn. I thought about putting kitty litter in the corner, but they would have missed that also. And to think we five them guns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think their aim would be better.

      Delete
  8. Love the pic!...lol. The sundae looks absolutely delicious! I can't remember the last time I had one. Your meals all look so good! I never thought to make breadsticks out of pizza dough. You learn something new every day.

    I'm wondering if your zucchini pasta recipe is similar to mine. I found it in the Sunday paper years ago. Pasta, zucchini or summer squash, olive oil, canned tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and herbs. I haven't made it in years, but will need to soon. It's so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is very similar to that recipe. I can't wait for zucchini season. We always end up with so much.
      Pizza dough makes good bread sticks and garlic knots.
      I'm not big on ice cream but we were celebrating the first 80 degree day here.

      Delete
  9. That sundae, actually all the food you pictured looks delicious! It's 3:15 now and these pics are getting me hungry for dinner! That sign in the men's bathroom is pretty funny! My husband would have taken a picture to share with me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanette. Men are funny like that.

      Delete
  10. Oh my word! Just pass that apple cinnamon sundae! xoxo

    ReplyDelete