Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2022

My Weekly W's

I really can't believe it is April.

Weather is always crazy this time of year.  We rarely get snow but the temps can go from the 70's to the 30's within hours which is exactly what happened this past week.  Now the forecast is for 50's and 60's this week which is a bit more normal.

What's top of my mind: Time and how quickly it goes by.  Life and how we have to remember to really focus on the day to day. All that is going on in the world. War. Inflation. Injustice.  My Mom and how she has her good days and bad days.  When she has good days I can almost forget she is ill.  As you can see, my mind has been all over the place this week.

Where I've been: Work.  One trip to Kroger for perishables and a few items I stocked up on that were actually on sale for a good price.  For an early Anniversary dinner we also took a trip to our favorite restaurant https://ffgrill.com .

Where I'm going: I'll be working all week.  I need to stop by Rural King and pick up Scotts Rapid Grow grass seed and few other things for the yard and garden.  As of now, nothing else planned.

What I'm watching: I watched two cute movies this week.  Little Italy which was pretty funny.  And Love Finds You in Charm.  Also have been following The Julia Child Challenge and Master Chef Kids.  I typically do not go sit in the living room and watch much TV.  I just have it on in the kitchen while cooking or doing odds and ends. 

What I'm reading: The New Making of a Cook by Kamman.  This is going to take a while but it is just full of so much information.

What I'm listening to: We listened to the 70's, 80's on our road trip yesterday.  Funny how I can't remember what I went into a room for sometimes but so many song lyrics are embedded in my brain.

What I'm eating:

Big Salad x 2
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, asparagus
Egg rolls and rice
Chicken and white bean soup
Saturday was our early anniversary dinner.  I had a flank steak, whipped potatoes, salad and the most amazing house made Ciabatta bread.  The big guy had a salad, Nashville hot fried chicken sandwich and firefly fries.  It was delicious as always.









Who needs a good slap: Will Smith.  He needs to learn to do the virtual slaps instead of really slapping someone on national TV at an awards show. 

What I'm planning: Today I have a few things to get done around the house.  I need to pay the bills.  I need to plan a nice dinner for Wednesday which is our actual Anniversary. Nothing much out of the new ordinary.

What's making me smile: Games.  The big guy and I have played along with Jeopardy every day for years.  We also have started playing cards or a board game pretty much every day.  It's a fun way to spend time together and it's good for our brains.  The big guy is very competitive so it can get pretty funny.



14 comments:

  1. I'm sick of all the Hollywood elite off camera. Just do your jobs. That's all they are is a job. Your food is so delicious looking. We're now looking at rain turning into snow. I didn't think soup or chilli but now might make either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! So many celebrities are out of touch with reality.
    I don't think I would like long winters like you have. I think soup or chili is a great option for snowy days.

    Have a great Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That food looked delicious! Happy early anniversary wishes!! Good for you and your husband playing games together. So true how that keeps our minds sharp! I always do enjoy a good game and like playing, whether I win or lose :) It is amazing how much attention Will Smith has gotten over this past week. I'm not much into Twitter but pretty much everyone tweeted something about it and it is the major story in my Facebook feed. I think it is going to cost him a lot with so many things because he couldn't hold his temper. I have to admire Chris Rock with how he handled the whole situation! Interesting book you are reading. I googled it to see what it was about. I agree with you, it is filled with a lot of information! Hope your week ahead is a great one!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious meal Betty. Thank you for the anniversary wishes. 32 years have flown by.

      We play in good fun even though competitive on his part.

      Yes Chris Rock handled it amazingly well and still isn't saying much like he could.

      The book is amazing. I found a used copy on Amazon in perfect condition a few months ago and just started reading it. It isn't just recipes but teaches so many techniques and staple items to make your cooking even better. I'm a bit of a food nerd. I really enjoy learning all about growing food and cooking food.

      Wishing you a great week also!!

      Delete
  4. Those pictures make me miss cooking at home. That's what I'm really looking forward to when I move. More counter space to do things like that.

    We had near 90 degree weather last week. Now it's cloudy, cooler, and with a chance of a sinus issue after the rain stops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be nice when you can get back to cooking. I remember you making really cool dishes. I would miss it terribly.

      I usually don't have allergies but have had them this year. Last week found me sneezing, coughing and watery eyes. They said this year is worse than normal. Go figure. Isn't everything?

      Have a great week!!

      Delete
  5. It is hard to have a mom who is unwell. Your days go up and down with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took a moment to follow your link to firefly grill. What a great menu! I'm a Chicagoan, so that'd be a bit of a road trip for me, but I'll keep it in mind next time I head south!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you're driving south it is a MUST. It's a wonderful place with wonderful farm to table food.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow, I really would like to visit the Firefly Grill if I am ever up there! Your meal sounds delicious! Now that I look at it on the map, I see that if we'd had time, we could have gone there when we were in St. Louis last September! Ugh! I hate to miss opportunities. Maybe we can plan it next time we go to Chicago. I too like to have the TV on in the kitchen when I'm cooking for a big party! And playing games is just the best. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Firefly Grill if you are in the area again. I can't say enough good things about it.
      I never used to be a TV person but something about the background noise comforts me now.
      Have a great week Jenny!!

      Delete
  8. do you two play any board games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do! We play Yahtzee and Scrabble the most.

      Delete