Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: For the first time in many years I put together an Easter basket for the big guy with some of his favorites.  He was very surprised not just because it's been years but because I'm the one usually telling him to lay off the sweets. 

I'm not much of a sweet eater and do not like Peeps at all but saw a CUTE recipe.  Take a baking pan and line the bottom with chocolate chips.  Cover the top with rows of Peeps and bake at 350 for about 10 minutes until it's all heated through and use graham crackers to dip in to it.  Smores in a pan!


Where I've been: I had a 4-day work week so Friday I went to Hobby Lobby to find some bling for the corner flower bed.  I fell in love with this one. It gives a 3 d effect when the wind is blowing and is mesmerizing to watch.


Where I'm going: I am planning on going to the library one afternoon and dinner out next Saturday since we didn't get to go this week like we planned.  I'm not sure what else I will do this week yet.

What I'm watching: Other than Master Chef Kids and the Julie Child Challenge I didn't watch anything this week.

What I'm reading: Honey Butter and Lydia Green of Mulberry Glen by Millie Florence.  She is a former TKD student of my husbands and wrote the first one at age 13 and the second at the age of 15.  She is 16 now.  They are for a young audience, but I found both books wonderful.  If you are interested or know someone who may be interested, she is offering access to the first book free on her website. MillieFlorence.com.  I think she has a wonderful future as a writer ahead of her.

What I'm listening to: Phone conversations with my Mom are challenging.  For the most part she is doing OK but there are things that have happened in the past that are stuck in her head and she talks about them over and over as if they just happened because in her mind they did.  It makes me feel so sad for her.  

What I'm eating: 

Fried chicken sandwich and oven 'fries'.
The last of the beef roast with mashed potatoes and corn.
BIG salad
Biscuits and scrambled eggs

Jalapeno chicken sausage, homemade stove top mac and cheese, salad

Lasagna and salad

Who needs a good slap: The government in Shanghai.  What is going on there is horrible.  

What I'm planning: I'm starting to plan a short trip for next month for my Birthday.  I'm not sure where yet but I need a change of scenery for a day or two.

What's making me smile: Every day I wake up gives me a smile.

I hope everyone that celebrates has a wonder Easter and a great week ahead!!

18 comments:

  1. That's really sweet to make the bug guy a basket! Those biscuits look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam. I struggled with biscuits for a long time.

      Delete
  2. I love the things you made in the photos, and I need to consider doing something like that for the flower beds in front of my Dad's place. Assuming there are still things growing them, of course.

    I hope you're having a Happy Easter as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My flowers are coming back and I'm planning on planting more next weekend. A little bling is always nice to look at.

      Delete
  3. I like that bling for your flower garden! I don't have a flower garden, but I'm wondering if our local Hobby Lobby has this. Might find a place to stick it in the backyard. I would love watching it :)

    So cute with the basket for your husband! I bet he will enjoy the treats! I'm not a Peeps eater either, but that s'more recipe of it sounds like it might be tasty!

    I looked up Millie Florence. I think you are right. She is going to go far as a writer. I don't know if you are familiar with the Eragon books by Christopher Paolini, but he wrote the first one when he was 15 and he also was a homeschooler. He lived in Montana at the time and promoted his book by going to libraries or bookstores and putting on a presentation about it and then had books there for people to buy. My daughter and me went to one of his presentations at the local library and bought the book. She enjoyed reading it. It was a signed copy and the original publishing of it. I later passed on the book but found out the original signed copy could have been worth like $5000. LOL. Teaches me to pass on something. Anyway, Millie I'm sure will do great! I'll have to check to see if my step granddaughter might be interested in her books and then get them for her.

    I have to find out what is going on in Singapore. I'm usually up on the news, but I'm not up on what is happening there.


    Yum on the food you ate. It all looks good!

    Have a Happy Easter day!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey Butter came out 3 years ago before the pandemic and she had a book signing at a local bookstore that we attended. Both of her books are signed copies. I haven't heard of the Eragon books but too bad you let your signed copy go. lol

      I mistakenly wrote Singapore when I meant Shanghai. Sorry for that. I corrected the post. It breaks my heart how they are dealing with this round of lockdowns for Covid.

      Thanks for the compliment on the food. I hope you have a very Happy Easter as well!!

      Delete
  4. what a splendid basket! He is a fortunate fellow to get such - Urspo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori! Thanks for visiting my blog! I see we have many friends in common! I love the idea of the dip using peeps! I'm going to save that for the next Easter! My grandsons will love it! I'm sorry about your mom. I have experienced that a lot with my grandmother and my mother-in-law. It's sad. I'm adding you to my reading list so I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dip was a cute idea and probably delicious. Kids would love it. Thanks for stopping in and saying hello!

      Delete
  6. Well first of all, pass those biscuits! Wow those look so good. Amazing, that young lady writing books. She has inspired me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading both books I couldn't believe they were written by someone in their young teens. She's gifted. It took me a LONG time to get biscuits down. We ate many biscuits that looked like frisbees before I finally got it. Have a great week Jenny!!

      Delete
  7. Hooray for planning a little trip!!!!

    Gentle hugs,
    🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼🌱🌼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will only be for a couple of days but it is time for some new scenery for sure. I think it will do us both a lot of good.

      Delete
  8. I am sorry about your Mom. It is so hard to lose them to dementia before you really lose them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Yes it is very hard. I hate to see her struggling.

      Delete
  9. Happy Easter! And I love the basket you made for your man! And I empathize with you about your mother. My mom is on her own journey with Alzheimer's. It is heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. He enjoyed it. Yes it is a heartbreaking situation.
      Have a great week!!

      Delete