Yesterday was the beginning of Chapter 55 for me. In the morning I decided to go out and do a little shopping. I usually do most of my shopping now with the big guy which I do enjoy but sometimes it's fun to go out on your own. I started at Menards where I needed to get a large bag of potting soil and a few more bags of garden soil. Of course six new perennials jumped in to my cart. Funny how that always happens
After that I went to find a couple new summer tops at Carls which is a local family owned shop. I was pleased to find really cute ones so I should be set for the summer with these additions and what I already have.
I came home and worked in the yard for a while. Of course I didn't get enough garden soil so the big guy will pick that up this morning and then I can finish the new corner flower bed sometime today if the rain holds out.
The rest of the day I read, played a few hands of cards with the big guy and just puttered around the house in a relaxed way. It was a really nice day. Thinking back on chapter 54, all and all it was a good year. I have a lot to be thankful for and I am.
I always make a to do list on my birthday of things I want to focus on in the coming year. Not projects like I do on my New Years list but things that will bring me joy and hopefully make me a better person. In reviewing last years list I am pretty happy with how I did. I am going to keep this same list for this year because it really keeps me focused on how I want to live each day and what is most important to me.
1. Make 12 new to me recipes Done
2. Make 12 desserts (this big guy will love this one) Done
3. Do 12 random acts of kindness (strangers) Done
4. Do 12 random acts of kindness (friends) Done
5. Do 12 random acts of kindness (family) Done
6. Read 12 books (I used to triple this amount but lately haven't come close) I read 20
7. 12 day trips with the big guy We did 8
8. Continue to be grateful every single day Done
9. Continue to stay mindful of each moment Done
10.Continue to pay attention to the little things in each day Done
I made steak, parmesan butter pasta and a salad for dinner along with a slice of the bread I made. It was delicious. So all and all it was a wonderful start to this next chapter.