Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2023

My Weekly W's


What's top of my mind:  What is going on in our airspace?  High altitude objects?  We'll probably never know the truth.

Where I've been:  I stopped and picked up produce and dairy on Friday after work.  I get off at 2pm so I was able to beat the crowds.  Saturday, we packed up Binx and ran to the bank.  We're taking him on quick trips, so he doesn't associate his carrier or getting in the Jeep as anything bad.  I bought a leash for him so he can go out in the backyard with me.  He was fine with the leash but a bit uncertain about going out.  He did make it out onto the back patio but was ready to go back in when the neighbor's dog started barking.  I think after a few trips out he'll learn to love it.

Where I'm going: No solid plans for the week yet.

What I'm watching: I was watching CBS Sunday Morning and they had a story on the history of love songs.  I had forgotten how many great love songs there have been.  I do need to start playing music again more, especially when I'm home in the evenings puttering around the house like I used to.

What I'm reading:  Still working through the King Arthur Baking Class and Midnight Chicken.

What I'm listening to:  Nothing much.

What I'm eating: 

Chicken Fajita, rice


"Hot chicken wing" cauliflower and salad.  This is so good even the big guy enjoys it.


Lamb burgers and oven fries
BIG salad
Chili from the freezer and cornbread muffins
Spicey chicken soup with cheese roll ups.  I used goat cheese with cilantro and a touch of pepper jelly, and they were delicious. 

Who needs a good slap: The kids and school administrators in the NJ school where the 14-year-old girl was beat up, bullied and then committed suicide.  The school failed this poor child and it's heartbreaking.

What I'm planning:  I was planning a big party for the big guy's Birthday, but he doesn't really want one SO now to plan a simpler way to celebrate him.  Ican understand because I'm not big on parties for myself anymore either, so we'll figure out something.

What's making me smile:  We've had some really beautiful sunny days.  The sunrise and sunset has just been gorgeous all week.  

I have been slacking on posting new recipes and hope to find time to do that at least once a week. I hope everyone is well.  Enjoy your Sunday.  



28 comments:

  1. When I read the story of the young girl who was beaten and bullied, I was broken hearted. I agree about the big slap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just heartbreaking what she went through and didn't feel like she could get help. From what I read; it has been a problem at this school for years.

      Delete
  2. Unfortunately, the bullying and not getting help at school is all too common. Of course, it’s been that way forever and until parents start being parents, nothing will change.

    The sun and weather has been so nice this month. Looking at another good week here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is all too common, and it shouldn't be that way.
      The weather has been so nice. Today it's sunny and 60 degrees. I actually sat outside for a bit. It felt wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I was so mad at what happened to that poor girl. Not only did the school fail her, they had the nerve to start a smear campaign against her & her father. I was so disgusted. I can't believe that kids would act that way. I only saw part of the video & it made me sick to my stomach.

    I love that pic and the kitty is so adorable. What a great idea to get Binx used to car rides. Our cat always knew that a ride was bad news. I'm going to see if I can find that history of love songs online. I'm a jazz lover & listen to music every day. It lifts my spirits. I like old school love songs when men sang in detail of what women mean to them. Now THAT'S music. I can't listen to today's strange music. Just give me some oldies. Wishing you & the big guy a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't watch much of the video because it just makes me sick also. Such a sad thing to have happen.
      I'm sure you can find it online under CBS Sunday Morning. It reminded me of so many songs that I completely forgot about. I am with you on the oldies. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  4. How very sad that at 14, that poor girl felt that she couldn't go on. As much as they try to deter bullying I doubt that it will ever go away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sad. No bullying has always been around and probably always will be.

      Delete
  5. I hadn't heard about that poor young girl but then of course we don't get all the US news over here. How bloody sad is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very sad and apparently the school has had this problem for awhile.

      Delete
  6. What a nice post. Well except for the slap. But don't get me started. Love the picture of kitty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. I can't believe Binx is almost a year old.

      Delete
  7. What a pretty kitty! Sounds like a nice week. Hmmm no party. Maybe have everyone send him a card - that might surprise him some. A special dinner with family. A nice picnic (for 2). Have fun coming up with something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit sad he didn't want a party but I will come up with something to celebrate him. I like the idea of a picnic.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like some great meals.
    It was just awful hearing about the NJ teen. Bullies just keep getting away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena! It is sad and from what I've heard the school tolerated a lot of violence for years.

      Delete
  9. What happened to that girl made me sad. I remember when I was in her shoes back in 8th grade. It seems like nothing's changed since I was a kid.

    I never thought about doing with my girls what you're doing with Binx. Hopefully he'll adapt to things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so sorry you had bad experiences as a child. I have never understood how anyone can be so cruel. Hugs.
    Jet really suffered from anxiety when he had to go to the vet and I don't want Binx to have to deal with that so that's why we're taking him out every now and then. As far as the harness and going outside, I'm doing that because he just has SO much energy. We're running out of ways to entertain him and wear him out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd like to get right behind you on the slap line and give those school officials a couple good slaps of my own. What is wrong with the world?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Jeff. I'm at a loss on so many things right now.

      Delete
  12. I am glad you/we end these with the 'smile' as it is needed so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is important to remember the joys or else what is the point?

      Delete
  13. It's so sad about that girl in NJ. Why do so many parents fail to teach their children to be kind? I'll never understand. I've started listening to music again lately, I forgot how much it can lift my mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it either. Yes, I don't know why I stopped playing music at home. It is such a mood lifter.

      Delete
  14. Hi Lori~ Slap them 10 times for me will you...I am so sad for this young girl. I have a grandson who has been bullied for having big feet...he's 11! My daughter has had to have more than one serious talk with his teachers, principle and the parent of the boy who was the bully, so sad. I am a music junkie, I love music and listen whenever I can, which is most of the time. Binx is adorable! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand it at all. I'm sorry your grandson has experienced it as well. It just makes no sense to me at all. I used to listen to music all the time and for some reason stopped. Now when I'm home alone, I will be playing music.

      Delete
  15. we are still having glorious sunsets and sunrises due to the Tonga volcano a year ago! And they say it may last for another 8 years! Kindness is all, isn't it? The older i get, the more i think it's essential to teach children kindness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed here that Fall and late winter are the most gorgeous sunsets and sunrises. Yes, kindness is so very important. I think many need to put a little love in their hearts.

      Delete