Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:
I love the winter and I love hibernating, but the seasons come and go.  I noticed this week that the frogs are croaking away in the morning and the birds are loudly singing.  Spring is coming.  Our temperatures have been up and down like a roller coaster.  Last week after a rain storm this view caught my attention from the kitchen window.  I need to charge my camera so I can get better pictures than the phone does.




Where I've been:
I had a three-day work free weekend and other than picking up a few groceries and having lunch out on Friday with the big guy, we haven't been anywhere.  Apparently, he isn't in the mood to go anywhere right now either. Go figure!

Where I'm going:
Probably much of the same this week.  Work and home.  I've tried to think of places I want to go or things I want to do but I basically just enjoy being home right now.  If you would have told me a few years ago that I would want to spend so much time at home instead of traveling or going out with friends, I would have never thought that possible.  I don't know if this is a product of the pandemic or the state of the world, or that I'm just getting older, but I'm perfectly happy with this. 

What I'm watching:
We watched a few episodes of Firefly Lane's second season, and also watched the first episode of The British Bake Off, Professional series.  I don't know if I really like this one.  I need to watch more to decide.

What I'm reading:
I finished Midnight Chicken and really enjoyed it. I have around 10 recipes flagged to try soon.  Now I've started The Year of Miracles and I'm enjoying this one even more.  I've always been a fan of embracing the different seasons and living mindfully and this just reinforces that.

What I'm listening to:
Right now the house is totally silent and I'm loving it.  I can only hear the tapping of the laptop keys. 
 
What I'm eating:
Big salad with garlic and cheese biscuits
Cheeseburgers and oven fried potatoes
Wings for the big guy, steak for me with loaded baked potatoes and salad
Lamb meatballs, rice and naan.  I made Peruvian green sauce to go with it and that was delicious.
Hot turkey and cheese sandwiches with salad
BBQ chicken, corn and mashed potatoes

Who needs a good slap:
"Anonymous" who left the comment on last week's W's "No one deserves a slap. Violence is terrible."
Relax.  I do not condone violence and the slaps are virtual.  You won't even feel the two I've sent out to you.

What I'm planning:
I'm working on garden plans for the year.  Our last frost is usually the second week of April so time is of the essence. 

What's making me smile:


Every morning after I get out of the shower and start to do my face and hair, Binx lets me know he'd really appreciate it if I turned the water on for him.  I gladly indulge him.  

Wishing everyone a great Sunday and week ahead!!  Stay safe!!

31 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I am laughing at the "slap" in this weeks post? Thank you so much for making me laugh. I am just glad I was not drinking my coffee while I was reading it or I would be cleaning my screen instead of typing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you didn't waste your coffee and have to clean your screen. lol

      Delete
  2. Threatening to slap people. Cool. Does that make you feel powerful? Good for you. Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you don't like it: move on. nobody wants to hear your nastiness

      Delete
  3. That’s a nice rainbow! I usually only see half of one. What is Firefly Lane? I like the sound of it.

    Anonymous comments are best ignored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a gorgeous rainbow. Firefly Lane is a series on Netflix that is based on the book by the same name by Kristin Hannah. I love her stories and this is the first one that has been made into a series.

      Delete
    2. I know I should have ignored, but I couldn't resist.

      Delete
  4. Your "who needs a slap" has me laughing. It never fails to amuse me how easily some people take offense to just about anything. I sure like your response to the comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist. I just don't understand having that kind of time to waste.

      Delete
  5. that made me smile too!
    Silence! I love this so! I try to make some daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow is beautiful. So is the kitty!!!!! I have always felt "home is where the heart is". I just feel comfort at home - pretty much always have.

    LOL - not sure why anonymous is still hanging around! Maybe that makes them feel powerful! LOL. I just figure laugh a little and get a grip Anon!!!! SMH - life is too short.
    Have a great and restful week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. I wish my camera would have been charged because it was so much more beautiful than the photo from my phone. Binx is something else. Yes, I've always been more of a homebody than the average person but now i really just want to be at home. Life is too short for nonsense like that. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  7. OMG Binx does the same thing Torrie does after I take a shower. When I'm done, the faucet in the tub/shower belongs to her.

    Ever since people declared "Covid is over", I decided home is where I should be rather than out and about. You're not alone there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny that Torrie does the same. I've only had one other cat that did this. Three of my doctors are on their second round of covid right now. I just don't want to catch anything out there. I hate being sick.

      Delete
  8. Hi Lori~ The rainbow is gorgeous! I should use my camera more often, but my phone is more convenient. I love your menu. We love lamb, but it's hard to find here in Idaho, unless you can find someone to buy one from and have it processed. We used to do that, but it's harder and harder to find someone who has sheep. We like to stay home as well. The world outside my door is crazy, and It could be that I'm just getting old ;0) Anyone who makes a snarky comment anonymously deserves a good virtual slap... give them one for me too. Binx is adorable, I love cats! Have a great week! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! I've gotten used to just pulling out my phone too but I'm going to charge my camera up and try to remember to use it more. Especially when I am at home.
      It is very easy to find lamb here in Southern Illinois thank goodness. We live around a lot of farmers.
      I just don't understand wasting your time commenting on something like that. Makes no sense.
      I hope you have a great week also!!

      Delete
  9. Beautiful rainbow picture! I had to laugh at the comment about the anonymous commenter! I would virtually slap them, too! Why people can't just move on if they don't like something is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rainbow was the prettiest one I've seen in years.
      I don't understand wasting time to comment like that but I guess some must have a lot of free time on their hands.

      Delete
  10. Hello! I remember our kitty used to do the same thing in our tub! I hadn't thought about that in years. Thanks for the memory. I am so like you. I am absolutely happy being home and cozy. Lovely photo! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cats are funny creatures sometimes. Enjoy your week Billie Jo.

      Delete
  11. Awwww Binx is thirsty! What a beautiful kitty. Haaahaha those two virtual slaps should do the trick. I love being at home too, in a quiet house. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny!! Binx is something else. A quiet house is a blessing my friend.

      Delete
  12. years ago we had a cat who loved to drink from the tap. She would stick her head under it too. I guess she liked her water fresh :) I laughed at the virtual slaps; there's a few people I'd love to give some to too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx makes quite the mess with the water while he's in there. I'm not condoning violence but I see nothing wrong with harmless, virtual slaps.

      Delete
  13. Beautiful pics Lori, especially the rainbow one! I love early mornings when everything's quiet and we can just appreciate God's beauty. Binx is so adorable :) I'm surprised he drinks from the tap. Our cat hated just going near the bathroom. She hated the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best rainbow I've seen in awhile. I too love mornings and enjoying the quiet for a bit. Binx is something else. He came on the bathroom counter when I was washing my hands and was fascinated so now it's an almost daily thing.

      Delete
  14. The photo of the full rainbow is beautiful- what a breathtaking view you have from your kitchen window. Binx is adorable and very clever to let you know he wants a drink from the faucet! I must say I never miss the cold weather especially snow and icy rains. I'm happy to spend my winters in Florida and then return home for yet another summer! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a beautiful rainbow. Binx is very good at letting us know just what he wants. He's something else. I actually enjoy the four seasons after 20 plus years in SW Florida but of course there are things that I miss. I hope you have a wonderful week also Judee!!

      Delete