Pages

Monday, March 20, 2023

5 Favorite-Sandwiches

I love a good sandwich so picking just 5 was a bit difficult because lets face it, there are so many to choose from. So many different breads, toppings, sauces, meats, cheeses.  YUM! After much thought, here are my top 5 favorites in random order.

The club sandwich.  One of my earliest memories is splitting a club sandwich with my Grandmother way back when I was a child and falling in love with them.  Honestly what isn't to love?  Turkey, bacon, ham, lettuce, tomato and cheese all topped on tasty toasted bread.  This one is from Drakes and it is always fresh and delicious.  The bread is a tasty wheatberry bread and the honey mustard they serve on the side is fabulous to dip in to.  I can never finish one now but I can report that the last wedge or two is in fact just as tasty cold.


Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich. I can seriously eat my weight in these.  I have to admit that I am very picky when it comes to my BLT's.  I will only eat them with garden fresh tomatoes and Behrmann's bacon (which is a local brand), crisp lettuce and Dukes mayo. From the first of July through usually late September early October I get to enjoy them and I try to enjoy one every single week if I can.


Italian Beef with Au Jus on the side.  I can't remember where I had my first Italian Beef but I know it's been a favorite for years.  I make them at home from time to time and I'm happy to say we have two local restaurants that serve them and they are both amazing.  I like mine plain, no cheese, no giardiniera and the au jus on the side to prevent soggy bread. 


Yellen Hellen's Chicken Salad Sandwich.  I honestly was never a big fan of chicken salad sandwiches and rarely if ever ate one until I tried this one.  They use big chunks of moist chicken, just a light mayo dressing, diced celery and sliced red grapes with just the right seasoning. The buns are always so soft yet hold up well. So good!  



Lamb burgers  I know there has been a lot of debate on is a burger a sandwich.  I was almost swayed once by a discussion with a friend until I thought about a fried chicken 'sandwich' that is also usually served on a bun but still classifies as a sandwich.  I'm going with it.  I love a good lamb burger with a good melty cheese, garlic aioli or tzatziki sauce and sliced red onions. Beef burgers are ok but lamb is my top choice.


So what about you?  Any favorite sandwiches?   

32 comments:

  1. You got me on the first 4, but I have never had a lamb sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those all must be fabulous sandwiches — classics for generations!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't really thought of that but yes, they are all classics.

      Delete
  3. I have always considered a burger a sandwich and my favorite is a burger with swiss cheese and mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m low carb now, so I rarely have sandwiches, but the BLT was always my top choice. Yes, garden fresh tomatoes are a must. And I’ll add that Beefsteak tomatoes would be my first pick. And adding avocado makes it even better.

    I love chicken salad and like various fruits (grapes, pineapple) and nuts (walnuts, pecans) added.

    Another sandwich I used to eat with my kids when they were young were subs made with a loaf of French bread. I would slice it long way and brush Italian dressing on it and stack it with lettuce, tomato, meats and cheeses. Then slice it up.

    Ok, now I’m hungry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beefsteak toms are the BEST!! I used to make sandwiches with French bread also. When we lived in Florida there were so many local delis that had amazing sandwiches but here we have none.

      Delete
  5. OK, this is more than just convenient, since I just posted the first in a series of adult lunchboxes! I'm going to have to work a few of these into my rotation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me so hungry when I read your post yesterday Jeff! Everything looked delcious.

      Delete
  6. Those rib eye burgers I made with the KitchenAid were deelish as long as I used enough EVOO to moisten the ground meat a little bit. Same for those bagel, egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches I'll make once in awhile.

    I'm a sucker for a Philly cheesesteak, and I love a simple grilled cheese sandwich with bacon bits every so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time you can grind your own meat for a burger it will taste amazing. I LOVE egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches on a bagel or croissant. And grilled cheese is a favorite too. See what I mean about too many to choose from?

      Delete
  7. BLT for me.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLT's just show how simple perfection can taste.

      Delete
  8. A local restaurant by us sells BLT pitas, which are so good! That chicken salad sounds amazing! I'm going to have to put grapes in mine the next time I make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BLT pita sounds really good. I was never much of a chicken salad fan until I tried theirs. It is so good.

      Delete
  9. yes yes yes to the BLT. I love 'club' and a grilled cheese - proper one/no rubbish type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the proper sandwich. It's important.

      Delete
  10. There's nothing better than a fresh, well-filled sandwich! I love egg and lettuce, and a chicken and mayo goes down well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree and yes, chicken and mayo is another favorite.

      Delete
  11. Hi Lori~ A good BLT is on the top of my list, on homemade toasted bread, yum!! A crispy chicken sandwich would run a close second for me! Have a great day! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just can't beat a good BLT can you? I'm with you on a crispy chicken sandwich too. It was a tie between that and a lamb burger.

      Delete
  12. Another thing we have in common...I LOVE a good sandwich too! These look incredible. I could go for the BLT right now : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am anxiously awaiting tomato season so I can have one.

      Delete
  13. Your first three listed are for sure on my list. Nothing like a BLT in my opinion. Gosh, I could eat one weekly. A good club is pretty luscious too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do eat a BLT weekly during the summer. I just can't resist.

      Delete
  14. These sandwiches are all my favorites too, but the lamb tops the list for me. I love garlic aioli & tzatziki sauce too :)They all look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamb with either of those two sauces is my favorite!!

      Delete
  15. I’m not a fan of lamb, but I am with you on the other four. I have tried to like lamb, I just can’t do it. Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The other four are classics for sure.

      Delete
  16. Well I would not say I'm a huge sandwich eater but if you consider a burger a sandwich (I do), I guess my favorite sandwich in the whole world is a cheeseburger, well done, with onions, pickles, ketchup, and mustard. Fries on the side. If I have to name four more, I'd have to say egg salad, peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and banana (or marshmallow fluff), and good old ham and cheese on rye (served warm and melty if possible). xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do consider a burger a sandwich and I love what you put on yours. Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are SO under rated. I still love them. Another one I love is bacon, egg and cheese croissants but good croissants are hard to find here.

      Delete