Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2023

My Week

Happy Sunday!  I really wish they would end changing the time. There was a meme I saw on FB that said, "Only our government would think you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket and sew in on to the end and think it makes it longer."  SO true!  I will either be taking a nap today or going to bed super early because 4:30 am is going to be brutal this week.  Whoever is responsible for this deserves three slaps.

It's been crazy weather here like so many other places.  Monday through Wednesday was in the 60's and 70's and then Thursday brought the wind, rain and cold temperatures back.  This has been the pattern the last few weeks.  Our forsythia tree is in full bloom and everything else is starting to bud.  I'm hoping these crazy low temperatures don't harm anything.  One of my two seed orders arrived this week so I'm almost ready for garden season when it comes.  One of the doctors that has been on the receiving end of my garden requested I grow some edible flowers.  He loves making gourmet dishes with them, so I included a few packets to give them a try.

What we ate this week:

Beef tips with au jus, mashed potatoes, asparagus and garlic, cheddar biscuits


BIG salad.  It's funny because the big guy has a few veggies that he claims he doesn't like yet I've been hiding those same veggies in dishes for years and he has always happily eaten them.  His newest thing is he doesn't like avocado.  So I diced up an avocado and tossed it in with the lettuce before adding all of the other veggies and toppings.  He cleaned his plate and said it was delicious...totally clueless.

Cheeseburger, oven fries
Cheese, pasta bake with salad and garlic toast


Fried chicken breast with a large salad
Chili and jalapeno poppers

Tonight, I'm roasting a whole chicken, scalloped cheese potatoes and asparagus.  

Work was work.  What more can I say? Spring cleaning has continued, and I'm convinced that the more you clean the more you find to clean.  I made one stop at Kroger to pick up fresh veg and milk.  Came across a good sale on TP and PT so we're stocked for quite a while. I also picked up a head of cauliflower for the new recipe I found in the book Israeli Soul for Cauliflower Shawarma that I'm making this week.  We finished watching the new series on Netflix Pressure Cooker and both really enjoyed it.  I loved the two that ended up in the finale.  Both of their menus looked amazing.  All and all it was a decent week.

Anything exciting in your world?
Have a great Sunday and a wonderful week!








28 comments:

  1. That is funny that you were able to hide avocado in a salad. It’s one of my favorite foods. The weather has been nutty. I’m worried the hundreds of daffodils we have planted are going to die in the cold/snow before they bloom. They look about ready. Normally, it’s late April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love avocado too! This week we have another blast of winter. I'm hoping none of our trees are damaged. They bloomed unusually early this year. I hope your daffodils make it.

      Delete
  2. I saw that quote on another blog but instead of "the government" it said "the white man". I too wish they would stop changing the time but the only consolation is if they do then in January and February it won't get light until 9:00! We are getting winter weather all week this week. The price we pay for having such a easy November and December! Interested to see how the cauliflower shawarma turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're back to winter weather here this week also. I'll let you know on the cauliflower after I make it. Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. I love that meme...lol. I can't wait for the day that we don't have to change the time anymore. Your food looks absolutely delicious!! I chuckled at the big guy enjoying all those hidden veggies...lol. Hope you both have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's funny when he says he's never tried something and I think to myself, ha...you've been eating that for years. Wishing you a wonderful week as well!!

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you on the time change. I don't understand why we continue to do it when it's senseless and no one seems to like it.
    Too funny about your husband eating the avocado and liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I took it pretty easy yesterday and went to bed early it was brutal to get up this morning. I'll be glad when my body gets used to it again. Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. It's been an odd time feeling day with the dogs. Your beef tip dinner looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sam. It was pretty tasty. Sunday was odd. It felt like the day flew by quicker than normal.

      Delete
  6. I tell time by the sun during the day, and this time of year screws me up for about 2 weeks. Not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I can pretty much tell what time of day it is without checking the clock and now I'm all messed up.

      Delete
  7. Hiding food within a meal is evil... and funny! I do wonder what would happen if he ever figured it out.

    If I ever make cheese filled takoyaki for visitors one of these days, I need to sprinkle in some crushed red peppers in one of them as a prank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have confessed a few times and he just looked a bit shocked. I make a pasta sauce that he still thinks has meat in it but it's really portabella mushrooms. lol I remember you making the takoyaki. I'm glad your kitchen is almost done so you can start making it again. Have a good week my friend!

      Delete
  8. I love forsythia can't wait to see it bloom here. I hate the time change but love that I have more time in the evening that is lighter, realize that it gets dark here at 4:30 in the winter. I know this is a pain but the farmers really need to time change to work the fields and that is what the government does this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours are all in full bloom and gorgeous.

      Delete
  9. Three slaps for sure. It was hard to get the kids to go to sleep at bedtime because technically we were forcing them to sleep an hour earlier. Well this is the last time we have to save time so good riddance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it was hard on the kids. An hour early bedtime for them is rough. For me, a joy. lol

      Delete
  10. Three slaps! I don't think anyone likes it. (Actually, I took a minute and looked that up. Apparently some people do.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like it at all. I'm tired and it's only Tuesday.

      Delete
  11. Oh man, your meals look just wonderful! I hope the Big Guy realizes how spoilt he is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! He does show appreciation and he cleans the kitchen. lol

      Delete
  12. The time change is killing me this year. I actually overslept today! I've never done that before but I'm just so tired this week. Between that and the crazy weather I'm all out of sorts. It's snowing today and Friday it's going to be 50 degrees??!! Your meals this week look delicious. That pasta bake is calling my name! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling the same way between the time change and the weather. It's been a rough week. I hope it gets easier for you as well.

      Delete
  13. exciting is having nothing to report/happening really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what is worse spring cleaning or tax prep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring cleaning for me. We have an accountant but not a house cleaner.

      Delete