Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

My Weekly W's

Happy March!!  How are we in the third month of the year when we just celebrated Christmas?  Crazy.  I changed up "Where I'm going and Where I've been" because honestly, I'm bored with the same thing every week from my lack of going anywhere.  I may do away with my weekly w's all together, we'll see.

What's top of my mind: My best friend and her husband.  He suffered a stroke two weeks ago and will be in rehab until Wednesday. They both have such an amazing outlook on life and are handling this all with such humor and grace.  I don't know if I could do the same. Thankfully they believe he will make a full recovery, but it will be a while.  

What I've been doing: This week I spent a good bit of time in the evenings purging and cleaning and I dropped everything off at Goodwill.  I'm going room by room making a list of to-do's and things that I want to spruce up.  I've tried other ways of cleaning and honestly room by room works best for me. I did really well on doing yoga this week and meditation. We also went out to breakfast yesterday and really enjoyed the down time together.

What I plan to do: I need to keep chipping away on my to do lists.  I want these projects done so I can enjoy the summer.  I plan on expanding the garden a bit and I've been reading a lot on dehydrating as I plan to do a lot more of that instead of freezing.  My Ninja does an amazing job on dehydrating, so I need to use that to my advantage and save on freezer space.

What I'm watching: I watched the final episode of Family Karma and teared up at Nick and Amrit's wedding ceremony.  It was just filled with love.  Yes, I know this is a reality show, but it is one that really sucks me in.  I love the entire cast.  I watched Julie and Julia again while cleaning the kitchen yesterday. Just the thought of cooking 500+ new recipes in 365 days gives me anxiety.  We also started a new series Pressure Cooker on Netflix.  It is a Big Brother type of show but with cooking competitions instead.  We're two episodes in and are enjoying it. 

What I'm listening to: Very little.

What I'm eating: 
Chicken legs, baked potato, asparagus and salad
BIG salad
Chicken Tikka Masala, rice and naan
Chili and cheese rollup
Calzones, salad
Pancakes and bacon

Who needs a good slap: Murdaugh.  Wow, what a train wreck of a man.

What I'm planning: No planning going on right now.

What's making me smile:  We bought a new bird feeder yesterday and more seed.  Binx spent HOURS watching the birds and squirrels in the yard.  Feeding nature and entertaining Binx, that brings me a smile.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Lorie~ I have a hard time trying to figure out what to blog about as well. My life can be pretty boring. I really enjoy reading your, Weekly W's, they always make me smile :0) I watched, Julie and Julia a few days ago as well, I've always loved that movie. I also love your meals ideas. I really struggle in that area...cooking for two is hard for me. Anyway, have a great week! Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! I'm glad to hear they make you smile. Thank you. Julie and Julia was a good movie. I was sad to hear not long ago that Julie Powel actually passed away. If there are leftovers when I cook I turn them into something else if possible or eat them as lunches. It seems to work here. Wishing you a great week as well!!

      Delete
  2. The Murdaugh case was definitely a fact is stranger than fiction story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Murdagh! What a piece of work! I am trying to get all my projects done by summer too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sitting outside reading and playing in the garden are my motivation. I hope it works.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. Praying that he fully recovers. I also clean room by room. I feel more accomplished if I get a room done at a time vs a little bit here & there.

    Binx always makes me smile :) He's got a lot of character. Hope you & the big guy have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried a few other ways of dusting the house one day, vacuuming another, etc. and it did not work for me. Binx is filled with character that is for sure! Wishing you a wonderful week also my friend.

      Delete
  5. I've slowed down on my efforts to clean things out. I need to get back to it and then make my own to do list of things that need spruced up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to be done by the end of February and couldn't get motivated so I understand that.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I hope he'll make a full recovery.

    I know the feelings about the weekly Ws. That's why I change up the template every so often to keep it fresh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm hoping he will be ok too! I used to just do "My Week" and I think I may go back to that. Free forming instead of using the questions I think works better for me. Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  7. I am sorry to hear about your friend and her husband.
    I think Murdaugh got more than a good slap, though I understand his team has already filed an appeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He did get more than a slap but yes, they are saying they will appeal.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about your friend.. hope he makes a swift recovery.

    ReplyDelete