Pages

Sunday, March 26, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  My aunt always told me to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.  I took that to heart and have always tried to save money, stay out of debt, have food and household items stored, and to appreciate every day.  The older I get the more I realize there is no way to prepare for everything.  The future is unknown.  Weather events, job loss, and so many other things can happen. Worry is useless because things you can't imagine can happen and things you worry about may never happen. However, I will never regret doing these things and will continue as they've given me peace of mind, but another important thing we need to do is to hug our loved ones as often as possible and to enjoy all of the joys that happen in our daily lives. We must look at each day as a special occasion.  That is my main focus.

Where I've been:  The big guy and I were able to enjoy a nice lunch out Friday afternoon at Joes, our local Italian restaurant.  It was delicious and we had a good time.  I stopped at Kroger for their butter deal this week and stocked the freezer back up.  2.99 a pound is now a great deal.  

Where I'm going: Other than work this week, I don't have any appointments or plans other than to stop at the garden center and pick up a few things I need.

What I'm watching:  I watched a Netflix movie...Tara vs. Bilal and it was a good movie.  A bit of drama, comedy and a really sweet story.  I enjoyed it.  

What I'm reading:  I didn't read much this week.

What I'm listening to:  Binx is running through the house like a mad man.  How can such a small cat make SO much noise?

What I'm eating:

From the freezer, spicey chicken, white bean soup and crusty bread
BIG salad and cheese roll up
Bacon, eggs, toast and roasted potatoes
Loaded baked potato pierogis and salad. I made a huge batch so there are plenty in the freezer for other meals or snacks.


We were still pretty full from our lunch so I made grilled cheese sandwiches and they hit the spot.
Spaghetti and meatballs, salad and garlic knots.  I will share this meatball recipe that I made later this week because they were absolutely delicious.

Who needs a good slap:  Mother Nature!  She has not been kind to so many people all across the country lately.  I give her a good 5 slaps for the tornado that hit Mississippi alone.  My heart goes out to everyone that has been affected by weather events.  That is something you definitely can't plan much for.  So many of my friends are still dealing with the aftermath of hurricane Ian this past Fall.  

What I'm planning:  Nothing comes to mind right now.

What is making me smile:


I watched an interview with Grace Linn yesterday and they showed her speech that she gave to her local school board.  I highly recommend watching.  Her message needs to be heard by everyone.  

I hope all is well in your world and that the day and the coming week brings you joy!






24 comments:

  1. Good morning my friend. I love this post, especially the first part. Yummy, Italian is one of my favorite cuisines. I'm adding lasagna to this week's menu :) I might have to make some tiramisu too. Thank you for the butter reminder. I need to get some at Kroger.

    My mouth hung open in shock when I read about & saw pics of all the devastation in MS. My heart goes out to all those affected. Binx sure keeps you on your toes..lol. I enjoy hearing stories about him. Wishing you & the big guy a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning to you! Italian is one of my favorites also. Lasagna sounds delicious and tiramisu...yum!
      The photos of the tornado in MS just broke my heart. The entire town is destroyed. There have been so many huge weather events and you just can't truly prepare for that.
      Yes, Binx keeps us both on our toes. He is an original that is for sure. Wishing you a wonderful week as well my friend!

      Delete
  2. That first part is on my mind. I heard my late father's taxes aren't done yet, so I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop before I worry about it.

    Cats definitely make noise. Torrie woke me up this morning when she was chasing one of her toys throughout the house. I don't mind, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope everything works out.
      It just amazes me how much noise these little creatures can make. I don't mind either, I actually find it funny.
      Enjoy your Sunday!!

      Delete
  3. I watched the video. Book banning is very disturbing. I wish I could have seen the quilt close up to see what books were on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book banning is very disturbing. It is one of the top things that I have a huge problem with on so many levels. If you google Velshi interview with Grace Linn the interview that I watched will talk more about the specific books and show the quilt better.

      Delete
  4. Binx is up to no good that's certain
    Rather than preparing for everything; be prepared to react to anything with resilience and problem solving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to remember that the only thing I can control is myself.

      Delete
  5. My brother used to use that phrase a lot. You are so right about not being able to prepare for everything.
    $2.99 for butter is an awesome deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No unfortunately we can't prepare for everything. I was so happy to see the butter sale.

      Delete
  6. Hello, my friend. I appreciate your thoughts on worry. As you know, I tend to worry too much. My father used to remind me that most of the things we worry about never happen. Your pierogis look delicious!!! They are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I catch myself worrying about something I try to remind myself there is no point. It usually works. I love pierogis too!! Have a good week.

      Delete
  7. I saw that speech.. beautifully and powerfully said!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always try not to worry about things I cannot control. Not easy but I try! Its too bad that $2.99 for butter is a good deal! I got eggs for $2.98 the other day and couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try also but like you said sometimes it isn't easy. I used to be able to stock up on butter at 1.99 a pound but not anymore. I'm lucky with eggs we get ours from a friend who has a backyard farm for 2 dollars a dozen.

      Delete
  9. I love your meal. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late to the show this week! Yes, plan and do what we can - that is all anyone can do. There are so many things that happen that were never in any expected - so all we can do is our best. worry solves nothing and just makes us feel worse. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! You're exactly right. We worry about things that never happen and then get side swiped by things that do happen that we never thought about. Worry is pointless. Happy Friday to you!!

      Delete
  11. Hi Lori! I love the part where you wrote, who needs a good slap -- lololol. Mamma Earth showed her anger two weekends in a row for us. The first weekend no lights, heat, water or a car (ours died), and then this current weekend no power. Only for a little while.

    I like being prepared in some areas. Even if I don't need that, the peace of mind helps me and so, I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has really gone crazy it seems! Sorry you've had to go through that. Yes, being prepared gives a huge amount of peace of mind even though we can't prepare for everything, every bit helps!!

      Delete
  12. Those pierogies look really good. I’ve never had one of those, and I’ve always been hesitant to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. These were mashed potato and cheese and absolutely delicious. Give them a try sometime. They are really good.

      Delete