Pages

Sunday, August 20, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: Todays very long to do list.  I have a number of things that need to get done today along with a birthday party this afternoon.  I made a list with the top 5 priorities and the rest will just have to go on tomorrow evenings list. This past week I really didn't do much of anything in the afternoons after work and I am paying for it today.  Note to self...stop slacking during the week, you'll thank yourself on the weekend.  Yesterday I did get the jalapeno pepper jelly made, so we're set for the winter.



Where I've been:  I picked up two books from the library, stopped by the farmers market for honey and onions and went to breakfast with the big guy yesterday.  Over the last two weeks, I've had 6 two-hour Teams meetings for new Managers in the system.  They were mostly aimed at the new employees to the system, but there were a few things that will be helpful.  

What I'm watching:  I watched the latest episode of BBQ USA and was thrilled to see that Amy Mills, Mike Mills daughter, was in the competition.  She is the owner of 17th Street BBQ in our area.  The food there is amazing.  She didn't place in the top 3 but considering the number of teams that is understandable. 

What I'm reading:  I finished With Love from London by Sarah Lio and absolutely loved it.  This quote really resonated with me..."The fact of the matter is bad things happen to good people.  They do.  All the time.  But it's our choice whether we wallow in them for the rest of our lives, or whether we accept the invitation to begin life's grand second act.  I have never read this author before, but I will be sure to pick up more of her books.  I really enjoyed her writing style.  This week I will start Love and Saffron.  

What I'm eating:
Sunday night I made the most delicious beef meatballs I think I've ever made so we were excited to eat the leftovers Monday for dinner but as a meatball sub with zucchini fries.  SO good.
BIG salad x 2
BLT and zucchini fries
Pancakes and eggs 
Chicken fettuccine with salad and garlic toast

Who needs a good slap:  I know there are so many out there well deserving of being on this list but I managed to keep myself pretty sheltered from all of the craziness going on out there so I can't come up with anyone.  

What I'm planning:  More dehydrating and canning needs to get done this week and the 22 and 23 are good planting days for fall.

What is making me smile:  I have so much to be thankful for and I try to remember that daily.  My favorite season is coming so that really brings a smile.

Here is an updated picture of Binx.  He is 17 months old and is 9.8 pounds.  He's tall and long but thin and the vet said he's right where he needs to be.  He is still SO full of energy it is hard to keep him occupied.  I did find a battery-operated laser toy that runs for 15 minutes.  He loves it and it gives us a break from having to keep him occupied.



Wishing you all a wonderful week.  Stay safe, a lot of the US is experiencing storms and another round of heat advisories. What do you have planned for this week?

31 comments:

  1. Jalapeno jelly sounds good. I was thinking of making a jalapeno bacon jam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jalapeno jelly is so good. I haven't made that in a few years.
    It sure is always something to do!
    Binx is a very handsome boy.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. We do love jalapeno jelly, especially over cream cheese. There is always something to do. Binx is spoiled rotten. Wishing you a great week as well.

      Delete
  3. I used to be so mad at myself for slacking off during the week and then having to make up for it on the weekend! Didn't seem to stop me though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past week I just didn't feel like doing anything after work and I really paid for it this weekend and probably will this week too. I knew what I was doing and it didn't stop me either.

      Delete
  4. We had a BLT salad tonight. I’m making a balsamic caprese chicken dish tomorrow. I’m just trying to keep my head above water this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those dishes sound wonderful Sending healing vibes your way as you navigate all of this. I do know exactly what you're going through and am sending big hugs and prayers.

      Delete
  5. I love black cats! This week is the office move - a major event indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is a keeper. Good luck with the move.

      Delete
  6. Man I wish I could be there and watch you canning and making your jellies! I'm so afraid of poisoning someone (me?) that I don't have the nerve to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I follow the ball jar canning book at all times. Knock on wood I haven't poisoned anyone yet.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to look it up (again)!

      Delete
  7. I haven't had pancakes and eggs for breakfast in a long time. Wade used to make that occasionally. He was a fussy eater and didn't like much but he liked that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We like having breakfast for dinner sometimes. Especially when I'm tired and don't feel much like cooking. lol I'm glad the big guy isn't too fussy. I don't think I'd cook if he was.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the pic of Binx! That made me smile :) That jalapeno jelly looks really good, but I'd like to know more about those meatballs if you don't mind sharing. If you say it's good, then I know it's going to be great :) Wishing you all a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't follow a recipe but I can remember most of what I did for the meatballs so I'll post that soon. They really were delicious. I posted the pic for you since you said you miss Binx. Wishing you a great week as well.

      Delete
    2. Aww, that's so sweet & thoughtful of you. Thank you for making my day my friend! Please give Binx a hug from me.

      Delete
  9. Binx is beautiful!!!!!! Love the quote you shared, my friend. And I am also trying to distance myself from the chaos! Have a cozy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billie Jo. Yes, I want nothing to do with all of the chaos going on everywhere.

      Delete
  10. Pancakes and eggs sounds wonderful. When do we eat? Hahaha I love Binx. What a cutie. I bet he's a cuddly little baby too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breakfast for dinner is not common for us but a good thing when nothing else sounds good. Binx is a cutie, so smart and very well behaved, but he is absolutely NOT much of a cuddle buddy except with the big guy.

      Delete
  11. Binx is a gorgeous boy! Nice picture of him.

    I'm "almost" ready for a new cat, but I'm likely going to wait awhile longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx is a gorgeous boy. You'll know when the time is right. I think we got Binx a bit earlier than we maybe should have after Jet passed but it all worked out ok. Just to let you know, I tried posting on your site yesterday to say I'm glad you're doing ok and that all they predicted didn't happen. Also, the candy corn and peanuts made me smile. For some reason I couldn't post on you or Spo's Wordpress accounts. I hope to figure it out sometime today., Have a great week.

      Delete
  12. I wish that my mom or a close relative had been a canner because I would have been a canner. Instead I am afraid that I will poison someone if I try and don't really know what I am doing. So wonderful that you can! We don't have a cat, but I do have a grandcat named Lulu that we ADORE!! She is a tuxedo cat and very friendly. I love seeing the photos of Binx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried starting with water bath canning? Maybe try jams, jellies, pickles first to get a little confidence. My Mom never canned but I spent many, many Summers helping my maternal Grandmother.

      Delete