Pages

Monday, December 25, 2023

Merry Christmas



We spend a lot of time in our kitchen/dining room, so I decided to jazz it up a bit this winter.  


The Christmas Cake is ready.  Chocolate cake with Chantily frosting.   A big favorite of ours. 


Christmas Eve was a day of relaxing, watching movies and hanging out with TBG.  We watched Christmas Chronicles for the third or fourth time and it is still at the top of my list.  It's really a cute movie.  For dinner we had a salad, split a baked potato, deviled eggs, sweet and spicey bison meatballs and beef smokies wrapped in puff pastry.  It hit the spot.



For breakfast this morning I made popovers with cream cheese and pepper jelly and bacon.  I don't make popovers as often as I should. No white Christmas here.  It's 55 degrees and raining. For me, today is another day for relaxing and enjoying a slow pace.  Also, for being thankful for all of the people in our lives and all that we've been blessed with. 

Merry Christmas to everyone.  May it be a peaceful day for you!!




20 comments:

  1. Your kitchen area looks so comfy. The food looks yums!
    I have hung out all weekend, yesterday watched a few movies. Today Had a leisurely morning then went to my brothers for dinner and a grand time with his kids and grands. Already have my jammies on for tonight!!!
    ENJOY your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! Sounds like you had a really nice time. Wishing you a very nice week also.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had near perfect days. Our Christmas was very laid back this year which was also near perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a very laid-back kind of day. It makes things nice doesn't it?

      Delete
  3. I love those snowflakes. We didn't have snow here yesterday. The temp hit 60. Not usual for Northwestern Pa.
    Your Christmas eve dinner sounds delicious. I'm a day late but Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about 60 here also but rainy. I found the snowflakes at Hobby Lobby for 1.50 for a pack of three. I bought two more and I'm going to hang them in the entry way next year. They are really pretty.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful relaxing Christmas to me! What could be better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a great Christmas. It was 65 degrees and cloudy over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was peaceful. It was cloudy and rainy all day. We need the rain though but snow would have been nice.

      Delete
  6. Hi Lori~ Sounds like a perfect Christmas to me! I loved your hanging snowflakes... I also hung some snowflakes in my house! Have a great week after Christmas. Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas. I bought extra snowflakes this year and plan to hang them everywhere next year. I love them. Wishing you a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  7. I hope your holiday was a happy one! Love the cake; looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, my friend! Your Christmas was lovely! And that cake!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billie Jo!! Wishing you and your family a very healthy and happy New Year!!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a relaxing Christmas. I haven't watched the Chronicles so I'll look for it. That cake sounds fabulous. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas Chronicles 1 and 2 are on Netflix. We really love the movie. Kurt Russel makes a really good Santa. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year also Judee.

      Delete
  10. What delightful food and I love your white plates. I’ve been bingeing reality tv while lying in bed. My oldest daughter recommended Traitors and it doesn’t disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will have to look for Traitors because I do enjoy some reality tv. It is one of my guilty pleasures. I know a lot of it is fake but it makes me really appreciate my calm, drama free life.

      Delete
  11. Yes I have posted the recipe. If you go to March 6, 2023 post it is listed.

    ReplyDelete