Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2023

My Weekly W's

 



What's top of my mind: Work has been extremely stressful the last couple of weeks, but I am reminding myself daily to slow down and enjoy this time of year.  I have this coming week to work and then I am off for 10 glorious days.  Longer days will be with us soon enough is so true.

Where I've been:  Other than work and home I've only made one quick trip to the grocery store, and we took a drive and went out for lunch yesterday.  

Where I'm going:  I will need to stop at the store sometime this week for dairy and fruits and veggies.  I also need to run in Kohls to pick up one gift for TBG.  Friday or Saturday night we're going to see the lights again at Cedarhurst weather permitting.  No snow here yet but a lot of cold rainy days.

What I'm watching:  Southern Charm and more Christmas movies.  

What I'm reading:  I'm still reading the book I started last week.

What I'm eating:  

Chicken, baked potato and salad
BIG salad
LO Brunswick stew 
Beef tacos and rice
Homemade pizza and salad

Who needs a good slap:  Putting this one on pause for the holidays.  I'm avoiding negativity.

What I'm planning:  Today I'm baking cookies for TBG's students.  I've planned Christmas dinner and NY Eve appetizer night now to plan something for Christmas Eve and NY day.  I'm keeping it much simpler than previous years, but I still want good food.

What is making me smile:  The NP's that work with our group always get me something gorgeous for Christmas.  This is what was delivered this year.  My job is stressful, but I do work with/for some awesome people.  That makes the day a little easier.


I hope everyone is doing well and has a peaceful week.

26 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty swag of evergreen. I love that we both enjoy Southern Charm. I've always had a soft spot for Craig. I read a really good book last week by Emily Giffin called 'Meant To Be.' It's a sort of re-telling of JFK, Jr.'s life. I'm glad you get some time off for the holidays. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy 2024. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bijoux! It is so pretty. Next year I'll probably hang it on the front door but I already had that decorated so hung it on the wall in the foyer. I have loved Southern Charm since day one. Out of all the guys, Craig has always been my favorite. He just seems to become a better person with every passing year. I will put that book on my list. I loved JFK and all of the family, so I think I'd really enjoy it. Merry Christmas to you also. I hope 2024 is a wonderful year for you and your family!!

      Delete
  2. Very lovely swag. Won't be long and it will be vacation time! YAY. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. I hope you enjoy a week as well.

      Delete
  3. That looks beautiful, and I'm glad you're having a well deserved break soon.

    Since you mentioned shorter days, I'm curious what time sunset is where you're at. I'm still wrapping my head over the fact I have to turn on the living room lights just after 4pm where I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait for my 10 day break. It is dark here by 430 pm. On dreary days like today we have lights on already because it's pretty dark in here even in the mornings.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful gift. How lucky that you will have 10 days off. That's a nice break from the daily grind.
    We don't have any snow here either but we're supposed to be getting lake effect snow tomorrow through Tuesday. I hope they're wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it pretty? I am really looking forward to a break away from work. We don't always get snow, I hope we at least get one or two this winter.

      Delete
  5. I am right there with you for having good, yet less complicated food for the Christmas rush.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want this holiday to be as simple as possible. Wishing you a wonderful week as well.

      Delete
  6. Having time off over Christmas was always such a treat to me because the whole office was closed and there wouldn't be a pile of work to catch up with when I got back. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that is why I always take this week. Aside from the doctors, no one else is here so my emails and work do not pile up while I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. But, but, but I always look forward to the slap! Okay you are right let's avoid negativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of slaps that could be given but I'm in the holiday spirit.

      Delete
  9. Yes! Longer days are coming! Enjoy your 10 days off and have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lori that swag is gorgeous! The pirate does love some swag, haha! How nice of them to get you that. So thoughtful. YES do avoid negativity and slow down and savor each moment of the holidays. It certainly must be done on purpose. For my own sanity I avoid what I know will trigger my stress, hahaha! Or at least I try to -- with varying degrees of success. Ten days off! That truly is glorious. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always pick such beautiful decorations. Who doesn't love some swag? This job is getting increasingly stressful so I am more than ready to slow down and relax for 10 days. I may even take this Friday off making it 11. It seems everyone is already gone for the holiday around here. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!!

      Delete
  11. It will be wonderful to have 10 days off at the holidays and have some relaxing time for yourself too. Your swag must have been such a fun surprise . It is lovely with the greens and the berries. Looks beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always look forward to this week off. It's a nice way to end and start a new year.

      Delete
  12. It's been weeks (worse luck!) since I've been able to read blogs properly. Happy Christmas to you! I am glad you are here/my friend/in the blogging community.

    ReplyDelete