Pages

Saturday, February 24, 2024

52 Recipes in 52 Weeks #6 Nana's Soft Jam Cookies

One of my projects for 2024 is to try one new recipe each week for the year.  These will be chosen from all of the flagged pages in cookbooks that I have or from the file of 'need to try' recipes.  I will try new desserts, main dishes, side dishes and breads.

My Mom, who is also a cookbook hoarder lover bought me a number of these Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks years ago.  They are fun to look through because of all the tips and quotes written throughout.  There also are a lot of fun ideas for holidays, parties and making meals fun.  I have to say though that I think this is the first time I have tried a recipe from one and I was not disappointed.  





It is a super easy recipe, and you can use any of your favorite jams.  One thing did confuse me a bit.  It says to use 1/2 teaspoon of cookie dough.  I thought it has to be bigger than this but I followed the recipe.  The 1/2 teaspoon must be correct because the cook time was on point.  But, the recipe says it makes 24 cookies but when I made them, I had 42 cookies.  So all a bit odd.  






The cookies are a bit browner than this picture detects.  I used Raspberry Jam which is the perfect sweet, tart to go with the cookies that is a lovely texture, not soft, not hard.  We both give the taste a 9. And Dr. E said they were fabulous. :-)   The only issue was the conflicting information in the recipe.  I will be making these again.

10 comments:

  1. Yum. I love jellied cookies. I am a Goodberry Patch fanatic! I adore those books and have many. SO many easy and fun ideas to be made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gooseberry Patch books are fun. I'm going to find some more recipes to try out of them. The cookies were really good.

      Delete
  2. They look delicious. Raspberry jam was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberry jam is one of my favorites. Only second to blackberry jam which I was out of.

      Delete
  3. I was so confused until I read the recipe…..because there’s no way that was a 1/2 t of cookie dough! But yes, the jam will leak out if it’s much more. Those look very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1/2 tsp was correct because the bake time was spot on. I just don't understand why I ended up with 42 cookies instead of 24.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are really good. Not as much sugar as most cookie recipes too.

      Delete
  5. Thumbprint Cookies! I love those! It seems like 1/2 teaspoon would have made a very small cookie and then you have to eat more, hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. They came out about the size of say an Oreo. I thought the 1/2 teaspoon was too small but the cook time was spot on so I guess not. They were delicious. I gave a bag with about 10 in it to one of my doctors Monday morning and she text me 30 minutes later to say they were delicious and she ate them all. haha!!

    ReplyDelete