Pages

Sunday, February 11, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  Living in the moment and appreciating all of those small joys that really do make life worth living.  Time goes by so quickly but when I embrace each day as the special gift that it is, things seem to slow down a bit.  We've had a few really cold days and a little dusting of snow but this winter has been above normal in temperatures so far which has my internal clock confused.  I have had to remind myself a few times that it's only February not March.




Where I've been:  TBG and I had lunch at a new to us 'biker bar'.  I had a fried chicken sandwich, he had a fried fish sandwich, and we shared an order of onion rings.  The place was really clean, the service was wonderful, and the food was really good.  We'll go back to try their burgers sometime soon.  

Where I'm going:  Thursday I have a hair appointment and Saturday we're going to Fairview Heights to do a bit of shopping.  Other than that, I'll be at work or at home.  I'm still trying to hibernate as much as I can right now.  I've been seeing so much about Hygge, I guess I am not alone.

What I'm watching:  The latest series of Fab 5.  I know it's a reality show and that we don't know what all goes on behind the scenes, but I do love this show.  It never fails that I end up in happy tears at the end of a majority of them.  TBG watched one with me and HE even had tears of joy. We also watched the first episode of Griselda.   I wouldn't exactly say it hooked me, but I do want to see how everything plays out since I remember her and the 'true' events. 

What I'm reading:  I finished The City Girls Guide to Baking and really enjoyed it.  The other day I took a box into the office to go through books on the bookshelves.  I realized that I have a number of books that I haven't read yet and that it is time.  So instead of buying anything or going to the library I'm going to focus on the books I have that are yelling out Read Me.  The first one is Downhome.  An Anthology of Southern Women Writers. I opened the book and realized a friend of mine sent it to me probably 25 years ago because she knows how much I enjoy reading Southern Literature.  If I hadn't included the card she sent saying that I, wouldn't have even remembered.  I'm looking forward to what other treasures I may find.

What I'm eating:  
Spicy northern bean and chicken soup
Pasta, meat sauce, salad and garlic, parm bread sticks
Thai chicken, veggie and noodle bow.
LO beef and bean chili
BBQ chicken, scalloped potatoes and salad



Stuffed shells, salad and garlic, parm bread sticks
Tonight, TBG has requested nacho chicken legs. 

I didn't make a new recipe last week, but I will catch up.  I'm still shooting for 52 in 52 weeks.  

Who needs a good slap: One particular pharmaceutical rep. visited my office (which she set out on her own to find and bypassed the kiosk she is supposed to sign in to) wanting to do a lunch with the doctors.  I explained that the hospital has a policy against pharm rep lunches and that the hospital was unusually busy and took her number telling her I would call when it was a good time.  Well, she appeared again this week with a box of cookies thinking that would change things, I guess.  I again told her that I would call when they could meet with her and that I had given out the information on the COPD treatment that she is peddling, and she didn't need to waste her time coming up every week.  I know it is her job to sell her companies product but when I come across pushy, rude people, I have a tendency to push back.  It's one of my flaws.  She deserves 4 slaps. 

What is making me smile:  Binx getting fresh air on one of our warmer days this week.  He is fascinated with looking up at the sky.  


I hope everyone is doing well.  What is going on in your world?


25 comments:

  1. Ok, myself mind set is going to be I'm not being intentionally isolated when I want to shut the world out, I'm practicing Hygge. The spicy bean and chicken soup sounds really delicious. I bought a rotisserie chicken I need to take care of and make more broth. We've still got soup weather for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think some seasons actually do require hibernating. Whether it is the winter season or a season of your life. Sometimes we have to just be alone and work stuff out. It was warmer this week but I know winter isn't over so we'll be having soup for a bit still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those pesky pharm reps; they can be insatiable. But Binx makes all bearable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky I don't have to deal with them often. Binx is a joy.

      Delete
  4. All the food sounds so good. Can I come to your house for dinner?....lol
    That rep would irritate me. I hate when people think they can get what they want by layering on the sugar coating. Did she really think that cookies were going to make all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have you over for dinner.
      These pharm reps do seem to think food and beverage will get people to do whatever they need them to. I don't get it. Have a good week.

      Delete
  5. Oh my God, Binx is sooooo cute!

    That pharm rep needs to cool her jets. I know they have a job to do, but that's taking "assume the sale" a bit too far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't he just cutest? When she showed up again 4 days later and just pushed her way into the office I knew I had my who needs a slap for the week.

      Delete
  6. Aww, that pic made me smile :) Binx is so adorable! Stuffed shells sounds delicious. I haven't made it in years. I can totally relate to those pharm reps. I had such pushy recruitment consultants at one of my jobs. You are absolutely right to push back. I wouldn't call it a flaw. You are just doing your job too. I don't mess around when it comes to business. I lay down the law in a professional manner. Hopefully, she'll get the message soon. Hope you all have a wonderful week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stuffed shells were so good. I made two trays so we have one in the freezer to enjoy in the next week or two. I'm sure her job is difficult but pushing isn't going to work with me. Wishing you a wonderful week also my friend.

      Delete
  7. Even though we do not have difficult winters, I tend to be selective where I will go and the people I will spend time with. It seems I am more apt to spread my wings during the warmer months

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way when we lived in SW Florida. It wasn't cold but I felt the need to take the winter months and go a bit slower and stay close to home.

      Delete
  8. She was rude Hena. With two young boys I'm sure it's a bit harder to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the recommendations for watching. I never know what to watch so I'll take a look at the Fab 5- Seeing Bynx always makes me smile- so cute. That Rep sounds really pushy but I guess that's part of her job. She's probably done it before and been successful. She doesn't know who she is dealing with this time!!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fab 5 go in to help someone that needs a bit of help with their life. It's a feel good show to me. Most reps are a bit pushy but she took it to a new level. I know she has a job to do but demanding doesn't sit well with me. Hope you have a great week Judee!!

      Delete
  10. Good to know a biker bar has good food! LOL! I've seen the word Hygge, but didn't know what it meant. Now I do. Ugh on the pushy pharm rep. Bringing cookies to any sort of health facility just sounds wrong.

    I made a bean salad and steak fajitas yesterday that we will have as leftovers today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the door to the bar it had a sign that said 'no biker group colors allowed'. I didn't even know our town had a biker group let alone more than one. lol I have an even better one for you. You would be shocked at the number of bake sales, bacon and pancake breakfast, etc. we have hear to raise money for heart disease and the hospital foundation. I just shake my head that no one seems to see the irony.

      Delete
  11. Hello, my fellow hibernator! Yes, we haven't had quite enough snowy, cold, cozy days to be inside this winter. We were under a winter storm warning, and now, I am looking outside at the sun shining! Ugh! Have a cozy evening, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He Billie Jo! We've had little more than a dusting of snow this year and not nearly as cold as it usually is. It's ok though, I can still hibernate. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  12. I love when we find a new restaurant that turns out to be really good! We watched the whole season of Griselda and enjoyed it. Then of course I had to google her! I remember having to deal with pharmacy reps! Most of the time the doctors I worked for would never talk to them and I would tell them outright not to waste their time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have many local non chain restaurants so it is always good to find one we enjoy too. We've enjoyed the series so far. I remember hearing about her years ago. My doctors don't usually want to meet with them either and I don't blame them.

      Delete
  13. I could never be a sales rep. I just don't have the balls for that kind of pushy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I couldn't either. I could never be in sales of any kind.

      Delete
  14. Was that rep from Purdue Pharma? That super-pushy routine is the Sackler way, hahahha! They pioneered it. Binx just gets cuter and cuter, hahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was ruthless! I'm surprised I haven't heard from her since. Isn't Binx just adorable? I can't believe he's almost two. He's something else for sure.

      Delete