Pages

Sunday, February 18, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's on my mind:  Honestly, sometimes I have a tendency to think too much.  There's some worry about various things, then there is work, home, family and friends and of course the world as a whole.  I'm really working on clearing my mind and just being in the moment.  It doesn't always work but I am going to keep trying.  Even just 10 minutes sitting quietly and just focusing on my breathing really makes a difference.

Where I've been:  I went to my hairdresser to get a much-needed haircut.  It's always good to see him and to have someone do your hair.  A little pampering goes a long way.  TBG and I met for a quick lunch.  It really makes my workday a bit better to get out of the office for a bit.  And I always love time with TBG.

Where I'm going:  Right now, there is nothing on my schedule other than work.  But TBG has two doctor appointments, and we have to get him in to the dentist because Friday one of his teeth broke.  I would be stressed if I had all of that in one week, but it doesn't seem to faze him.  He's such a calming soul.

What I'm watching:  I spent a lot of time in the kitchen Friday and Saturday, and I had Diners, Drive Ins and Dives on.  I really do enjoy that show and seeing the creativity in so many different chefs and cooks. Have you eaten at any of the restaurants that have been featured on the show?  I've only been to two.  We went to Charlie Parkers in Springfield and Mama's Mustard and Pickles in Louisville.  Both were good but I'd like to visit more places.

What I'm reading:  I started reading Living Good Daily.

What I'm eating:

Sunday TBG requested Nacho Fried Chicken.  We had that with Jalapeno poppers and rice.  I made the poppers by adding a long strip of cheddar cheese, covering that in cream cheese and then coating them in flour, egg and crushed nacho chips.  I cooked them in the air fryer, and they came out AMAZING  I want them again very soon.



LO spicey chicken and white bean soup with cornbread
BIG salad
Lamb chops, baked potato and salad
Pan pizza and salad.  I usually make thin crust pizza but decided to try a pan pizza.  We both really enjoy it with a salad and creamy Italian dressing.  I don't know why but I took a picture of it before cooking and not one after.  The Ninja foodie really does cook pizza better than the oven can.



BIG salad
Beef cheeseburgers with oven fries
I'm not sure what's on the menu tonight but it will include chicken.  

We actually had to many bananas which doesn't usually happen so I was happy to make a banana bread with pecans.  


Who needs a good slap:  

What I'm planning:  I'm starting to think about the garden this year.  I don't want to do too much but do want my favorite veggies and herbs.  I'm also thinking about our Anniversary in April.  I want to a day trip or weekend away.  Not sure what yet.

What is making me smile:  We finally had a measurable snow!!  Friday when I left work at 1:30, the rain was starting to turn to a mixture of ice and snow.  Our weather people said 1-2 inches and that usually means maybe a dusting.  By 5 pm we had 5 inches and it was SO cold but so beautiful out. 




I hope every is staying safe and enjoying the weekend.  Wishing you all a wonderful week!!

19 comments:

  1. Good luck on all TBG's appointments.
    We too got snow. It was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hena! The snow was beautiful! Glad you were able to enjoy some as well.

      Delete
  2. I like watching Triple D as well. I have eaten at one place not far from my house that he had on. Of course I had enjoyed them for years before.
    Some days you just need to clear your mind and breathe! A nice hot beverage looking out the window and enjoying!
    Your meals always sound good.
    Hope all goes well with TBG's doc visits.
    Be safe and warm this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. How cool that you have a place not far from your house that you already knew about. It's just a fun show to watch when I'm in the kitchen. I hope you have a wonderful week also.

      Delete
  3. I hope everything goes well with all of those appointments. I'm thankful mine are well spaced out throughout March. I have not eaten at any Triple D restaurant. I refuse to dine at restaurants, especially after hearing that my former workplace became a Covid superspreading event not long ago. If corporate slaves have no choice but to work, I imagine its the same for busboys and servers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He had the Echo scheduled for a few months then had to add the Urologist appointment and now the broken tooth. He sure is handling things better than I would. We ate at the two that we did prior to Covid. One reason we never ate out much during the winter is because of cold/flu season and yes, most in the restaurant business have to go to work even when sick.

      Delete
  4. Best of luck to your husband with his appointments. I have an appointment tomorrow to see about getting new hearing aids.
    All that food looks really good. It's all making me rather hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. Good luck on your appointment too. I wish you were closer I'd love to have you for over for dinner.

      Delete
  5. I am really curious about the nacho fried chicken! It sounds very good.
    The snow photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only make it for Super Bowl. Just take your chicken and dredge in flour, then egg, then crushed nacho chips and fry. Once it's done, top with a bit of salsa, cheddar cheese and pickled jalapenos or red onion slices. Here's a better picture. https://culinaryadventureswithlori.blogspot.com/2021/03/my-week_28.html

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say once you top it, put it in the oven for 10 minutes to warm the salsa and melt the cheese.

      Delete
  6. I looked to see what Cleveland restaurants have been featured on the show and we’ve been to Momocho and Fat Cats. It’s nice to hear someone who enjoys spending time with their spouse. So many people are negative about their marriages. I got my hair cut this past week, too. I made a chicken Waldorf salad tonight. Tomorrow is honey lime shrimp bowls. We got a few inches of snow, but nothing major, fortunately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard Cleveland has some amazing places to eat. I really DO love spending time with TBG. I know what you mean though. There is a woman that I know that is working at 70 plus years old just because she doesn't want to be home with her husband. That is just crazy to me. Your food always sounds so good. I haven't had a Waldorf salad in forever. Now I'm craving one.

      Delete
  7. I should come dine at your house. Everything looks absolutely delicious, especially the pizza! I love Triple D. Oh no, that's a lot TBG has to deal with. I'm praying everything goes well for him. I'm so jealous of your snow. We haven't had a decent snowfall this winter yet. I know I'm in the minority, but I love snow. I especially love the snow covered pine trees. It's just beautiful. Wishing you all a wonderful week. Hugs & a special one for Binx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The pan pizza was really tasty. This was our first real snow of the year so I enjoyed seeing it. I do love winter and snow. Wishing you a wonderful week also. And I'll give Binx a hug for you.

      Delete
  8. All that food looks and sounds delicious! Every time I watch that Diners show it makes me so hungry! I'm glad someone is happy to see snow! It does look pretty but at this time of year most of us snow people are over it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When TBG watches it he always say that is the best job in the world. I was thrilled. We rarely get measurable snow so I'm almost always happy to see it when we do.

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful snow for you! And planning an anniversary trip for April will be delightful. We saw the Penguin Drive-In on DDD many years ago and went there for the fried pickles! They were fantastic. I love fried pickles. The Penguin is in Charlotte, North Carolina. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to get one good snow. For it to happen on a Friday afternoon when I didn't have to go out for a couple of days made it even better. I LOVE fried pickles. Hope you're doing well!

      Delete