Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2021

My Week and the April A-Z Challenge

 Monday-Steak, mashed potatoes and fried asparagus. We do not eat fried foods very often but the big guy saw fried asparagus on a show he was watching and wanted to try them.  SO good. Flour slightly damp asparagus, coat with egg wash and then shake the asparagus in a bag of bread crumbs or panko with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper and fry in oil turning once until golden brown.  I served them with a side of ranch.  They were so good we had them again Saturday for lunch.




Tuesday-Left over steak on nachos. In the summer I make a ton of salsa.  I still had some diced tomatoes and jalapenos in the freezer so I used them and added diced green chilis, garlic, onion, salt and cilantro.  So much better than any jar of salsa.



Wednesday- Udon noodles, chicken and veggie bowl.


Thursday- Lamb meatballs with lemon, garlic aioli, roasted onions and potatoes.


Friday- Left over meatless sauce and spaghetti, salad and fresh bread.


Saturday- Jerk spiced chicken legs with broccoli mac and cheese.



Now about the A-Z challenge.  Martha from Seaside Simplicity had a post a couple of weeks ago about the April challenge.  I thought about it and decided to do it.  If you want to learn more or sign yourself up go to Blogging from A to Z April Challenge (a-to-zchallenge.com) to sign up. My theme is going to be Cookbooks and Food Memoirs that I have read.  I think this will be a fun challenge. I hope some of you join in.

Happy Sunday!!


12 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh, that fried asparagus looks tooooooo goooooood!!!!!!!! -happy sigh-

    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks and sounds delicious! I'm definitely going to add the fried asparagus to my menu next week - yum! Thanks for mentioning the salsa, I don't think I've made fresh salsa since last summer. Since I have Mexican on the menu today I think I'll make a batch to have nachos and salsa with a margarita before dinner!

    I'm so glad you are doing the A to Z challenge too, it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time frying it and wow is it addicting. Yes I lived off of homemade salsa in the summers in Florida when a light meal was needed during the heat. I'm glad you told me about the challenge, it sounds fun. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. I've discovered frying makes almost anything unappetizing become scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like asparagus roasted in the oven but the big guy is not a fan. He ate more than his share fried though. ha

      Delete
    2. next time try cauliflower

      Delete
    3. Really? I don't want to get fry crazy. I have a good recipe for buffalo "chicken wings" made with cauliflower and it passed the big guy test.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that fried asparagus sounds yummy. I wonder how it would be with a little bit of parmesan cheese in the bread crumb mixture? I use it when I do my coconut shrimp and fried zucchini, and it definitely makes a difference in the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be amazing. I almost added it. I add it when I roast them in the oven.

      Delete
  5. I have some asparagus and I am going to try this. Yum!

    ReplyDelete