Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

My Week

For some reason this week flew by and unfortunately the weekend did too.  I'm seriously thinking about working 4 10 hour days instead of 5 8 hour days.  I used to do that and it was really nice.  I just feel like I never have enough time at home to do everything that needs done and that is with a lot of help from the big guy.  This week I am really going to pay attention to how I spend my time to make sure I'm maximizing it.

The weather was pretty nice this week.  Yesterday was the warmest so far, hitting 78 degrees.  I did take a couple of hours and sit outside in the sun reading.  That always rejuvenates me.  This week though the temperatures looks like a roller coaster with a few nights down below freezing.

Dinners this week:

 Monday-Nacho chicken legs with rice


Tuesday-Italian Chicken Sausage with pasta



Wednesday- Chicken, potato salad and lettuce salad


Thursday- Italian beef sandwiches and oven fries


Friday- Alfredo sauce, ham and red onion pizza



Saturday-Chicken fajita and rice


Alfredo Sauce: ( I used it on the pizza and will be using the rest tonight over pasta)

1/2 stick unsalted butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 Cup flour
2 Cups room temperature milk
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 Cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

How was your week?

10 comments:

  1. Once you work for 8 hours another 2 isn't so bad to get an extra day off. I hope you figure out a schedule that works for you. Your meals look fantastic as always! Just in case you don't go back to check my reply to your comment - the fried asparagus was life changing lol. So good! I'll definitely be making it often. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, once there, adding a couple of hours is easy. I'm going to put some thought into how I can have more balance between work and home. I'm glad you enjoyed the asparagus. I warned you it was addicting. lol Have a great week Martha.

      Delete
  2. That's interesting.... To work more, to get time off.

    Wondering.... Just wondering.... Because I don't know _anything_ about your life. But....

    Feeling you never have enough time at home to do things, which need to be done.... And maybe, you too feel, you never have enough time, to do the things you want to do....? Are these feelings, trying to "tell you something"?

    Like, do you really, really, really _need_ to work?

    How much _Necessity_, does it add, to your life?

    Like I said... Just wondering....

    "Miss BB"
    πŸŒ·πŸŒΈπŸŽ€πŸŒΈπŸŒ·

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have financial goals that I'm working towards making over the next few years so I would like to continue, plus I love my job. I'm not ready to be home full time at all. I used to work four 10 hour shifts with Wed. Sat and Sun. off and it went well. I found that once I'm there, two extra hours four days a week was more than worth have three days away. I am going to really think about my schedule and how I spend my time so that I'm maximizing it to the fullest. I'm looking at what will give me the most work life balance.

      Delete
  3. I've done ten hour work days before, but not for long. I remember feeling sluggish the day before a day or two off. Hopefully it's the kind of schedule where you work no more than two days in a row. That would be ideal.

    FYI I stopped blogging temporarily. I'll start something new once I move and my employment situation is settled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I did them before I chose Wed, Sat and Sun off so never more than two days in a row without a day off. It worked well. I'm going to think about it over the next few weeks.
      I am going to miss reading your posts. I hope you return soon! Good luck over the next few months of change.

      Delete
  4. I've not been on line in a while; the pasta gets my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with PASTA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice week's-worth of eating!

    ReplyDelete