Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2021

C-Country Cookbook

 My Mother sent me this cookbook back in 1987 when I was living in Florida.  She loves organization cookbooks.  Unfortunately most of them from the 80's are filled with recipes that include boxed and canned ingredients that I just don't use.  They are still a fun read though.  


This one has a page with 23 suggestions on appetizers. Chicken livers minced and moistened with mayonnaise anyone?


I do like the weights, measures and equivalents page in this one.  It is very helpful.  


I hope everyone has a blessed weekend and a Happy Easter.  I will be continuing this challenge on Monday.


10 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the canned and boxed ingredients - just say no lol! Happy Easter to you and yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have some of those old School-Fund-Raising cookbooks!

    Happy Easter...
    πŸ‡πŸŽ€πŸ‡πŸŽ€πŸ‡πŸŽ€πŸ‡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have a few. Happy Easter to you as well!

      Delete
  3. I used to collect cookbooks just like this one: homemade cookbooks usually from womens groups in churches. Often the recipes were the same but it was fun reading to see the society within the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how similar most of these books are, especially the ones from the Midwest which I have a few of. My favorite is from The Junior League of McAllen Texas. My Mother used to winter there and got it for me. It is amazing. I will do a post sometime. The recipes are so good.

      Delete
  4. Hi Lori, just popping back over to check on you. I hope everything is ok. I'm a bit worried about you. Let me know how you're doing when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry! I am fine. I had a number of projects at work pop up that took up so much of my week and probably will until Wednesday this week. I will be back by the weekend. Thank you for thinking of me.

      Delete
  5. Chicken livers and mayo. I love cookbooks like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete