Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2021

Key Lime Cookies

I should be back to a more normal schedule this week and I am so happy for that. I had a three day weekend which unfortunately is passing by too quickly.  Our temperatures have been a little lower than usual but nice.  Lot's of sunshine.  Everything is SO green.

Thanks to Martha from Seaside Simplicity who used Key Limes for her A-Z challenge I have been craving Key Lime Cookies.  So today I had to make them. The cookies are slightly crispy with a delicious lime flavor. They will remind you of Spring.

1/2 cup butter room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg and another egg yolk room temperature
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup fresh lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest (approximately 1 and 1/2 limes)
1/2 cup confections sugar for decoration

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl cream butter, sugar, eggs until smooth.  About 2 minutes with a hand mixer.  Stir in lime juice and lime zest slowly.  Add the flour, baking powder and salt and blend into the creamed mixture.  Form dough into 1/2 inch balls and arrange on the cookie sheet. ( I use parchment paper)

Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.  Cool on wire rack. Cover with powdered sugar while still warm.

Tips:  Wash your limes in warm water and then roll on the counter firmly for a minute to make them a little easier to juice.  



How is everyone's Sunday going?

10 comments:

  1. Oh yum, these look and sound delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try them. Thanks for the shout out. Have a fantastic Sunday evening Lori. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an easy recipe and they are so good. Enjoy your Sunday as well.

      Delete
  2. Oh my! All I have to do is get the last ingredient on the list and I could make those right now. Sadly, I found out the hard way yesterday I'll need to lose weight sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so far OK
    I bought new trousers, something I haven't done in so long I don't remember when last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought much in over a year either. The pandemic really showed me what can be put off.

      Delete
  4. I have never had Key Lime anything. -smile- Lime does not appeal to me. I'm sure I have been missing good things, all my life. -smile-

    🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These do not have an overpowering taste of lime. They are quite good.

      Delete
  5. I've never had key lime cookies, but now I'm craving them, too!

    ReplyDelete