Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2021

My Week

Not a lot going on  this week. Who am I kidding, not a lot has been going on since March 2020.  Other than work and going out to eat yesterday I have been no where.  It was nice yesterday to sit outside and enjoy a meal.  

Today, I did a LOT of laundry and home projects.  I wanted to work outside but ran out of time so that is on my list for this week.  The weather is supposed to be really nice.  Hopefully no more cold or snow like we had on Tuesday.  Thankfully it didn't seem to hurt any of our trees or bushes. I don't like to freeze things for more than a couple of months so it was kind of nice to have a brief cold front to finish up the soups/chili in the freezer.

This weeks menu was...
Monday-Beef roast, onions and potatoes and corn.
Tuesday- The last two servings of spicy white bean chicken soup from the freezer
Wednesday- The last two servings of chili with cheese and Fritos
Thursday- Left over beef roll ups with pepper jack cheese and cilantro



Friday- Grilled Chicken, potatoes, salad


Saturday-We were still pretty full from lunch so I made a one pan omelet. Not sure why the photo is coming out this way, but this really is the easiest way to make an omelet for more than one person.


Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend. What did you cook/eat this week?  

8 comments:

  1. That one pan omelet sounds delicious. I have a smaller, shallow baking pan that would be perfect for making it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a nice fluffy omelet. Let me know if you try it.

      Delete
  2. Yummy at your place as always! We have just been winging it last week and again for this week. Like you, we have stuff in the freezer to use up, it's time since our weather is forecast to be back up in the high 80s this week. Nobody wants chili or other heavy foods when it's 89 degrees, especially with our humidity. Have a great week Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. Yes we ate up all the left over soups/chili because I can't eat it when it's hot outside. My sights are on that first garden tomato.

      Delete
  3. That chicken looks delicious!

    Glad your growing things, were not hurt,by the change in the weather.

    🌷🌸🎀🌸🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I was very happy that nothing seems to have been hurt.

      Delete
  4. we are mostly eating the leftovers in anticipation of going out of town when we will eat 'road food' and (if safe ) some local restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to hear all about your vacation!

      Delete