Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Things That Make Me Smile

Sorry I just dropped out of sight for the past week and have to totally ditch the A-Z challenge.  I'm disappointed about that as I had the list complete and the photos taken.  Everything is OK I just have a couple of projects that have taken up a ton of time.  By next weekend, I will be back to regular postings.  

Yesterday I witnessed some awesomeness.  I saw a deer in our front yard in the late afternoon.  While we do have a large population of deer you do not see them in the front yard much at all.  She was pacing around a little.  I was worried that maybe she was sick.  Then she wandered over to the side of our house.  Our back yard is fenced in but I could still see her.  One minute she was standing behind the neighbors shed and then when I looked back out less than 5 minutes later...she had had a baby!! The pictures aren't great but I didn't want to disturb her so I took them from the sliding glass door which is quite a ways from where she was.  I guess nothing says Spring like this.




Have you experienced any amazing signs of Spring?

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see you Lori! I'm such a mom type, I was getting so worried about you. I'm so glad you are ok. I'm sorry things have been so busy for you and sorry you had to ditch the challenge. Save your photos and try again next year. :)

    I love your photos today, that is some awesomeness for sure. Just look at that teeny tiny baby. So adorable! It makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha for your concern! That is so nice. Yes it was an awesome sight. I can't believe it happened right between our yards and so quickly. Have a great week.

      Delete
  2. All the mesquite trees are in bloom their fuchsia yellow. not amazing but they are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring is different depending where you are in the world.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you ditched the A-Z challenge!!!

    I prefer posts, about the blogger. What's going on. What they enjoy. What they are thinking. Etc. -smile-

    And WoW!!!! THIS is a great example of a post, I really enjoy!!!!

    Take your time with your projects. We will be here, when you get back.

    🌿🌷🌱🌷🌿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed this post. It was pretty incredible to see.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I was amazed. And so happy that she wasn't ill but in labor.

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! Those deer look so cute. Unlike where I live, where I saw some birds pick at a baby snake in the driveway. I didn't bother to stop since there's a chance that snake had a little rattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how the baby stood up so quickly. It is so little. I would have to bypass the snake too.

      Delete