Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2021

My Week

 Good Morning.  Can you believe we are in October?  The sunflowers in the back yard are at their peak.






The cool weather we had for a week has warmed back up.  It was low's in the 60's with highs in the 80's this week.  Not too bad but I'm ready for a bit cooler so I can open the windows and turn off the AC.  It will be here soon enough I suppose.

We enjoyed our share of BLT's this summer.  This was the last one until next July.  


This week I watched the two new episodes of The Great British Bake Off.  I always look forward to the new episodes.  

I'm still working on finishing the book The Man Who Ate Everything.  Plus I've been searching through my cookbooks for new fall dishes to make. 

It was cool enough last night to eat outside.  The big guy set the table and did a pretty good job of it.  The lamb chops were the last ones we had in the freezer.  We will see what the prices are next spring.  This spring even ground lamb was pretty pricey.



Dinners this week:

Chicken chorizo gumbo and skillet corn bread
Fried chicken breast strips, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob
Cheese burgers and oven fries
Cod, baked potatoes and salad
BLT and zucchini chips
Lamb chops, 3 cheese mac and cheese, salad and dinner rolls

Yesterday we went food shopping.  We actually hadn't been to a store for anything but milk in three weeks.  I'm back to keeping track of what I spend.  I do not break it up though so my totals include food, health and beauty, cleaning supplies, alcohol and pet food.
At Walmart we spent $204.07and at Fresh Thyme we spent $131.10.  I love Fresh Thymes receipts because they break it down into categories such as produce, meat, dairy, etc.  We don't buy any packaged or processed foods except for probably crackers so our items are all staples and ingredients for meals, desserts, snacks.

I've mentioned here before that at least twice a year I go through everything.  Every cabinet, closet, drawer, etc.  Well it is that time again. I'm not exactly a minimalist but I do not like a lot of stuff.  Memorabilia and family items that have been passed down are the one thing that is a bit hard for me to get rid of.  I don't like having things that we don't use.  I have a number of items that haven't been used in awhile.  Since 2020 and 2021 was a bust as far as BBQ's, parties, etc.  I am going to keep certain items and if by the end of 2022 (assuming it will be a bit more 'normal') they haven't been used I will let them go.
I know a lot of people sell items on different sights or heaven forbid have a yard sale but I keep a large bag or box that I put things in throughout the year.  When it is full I take it to our local Good Will.  I had one yard sale probably 8 years ago and I promised myself I would NEVER do that again. 
In my closet, I do the turned hanger trick.  If any hangers haven't been turned around with in the year that item goes.


Jet turned 15 on Wednesday.  Where does the time go.  Sometime I'll do a post on Jet's life.  It's been pretty interesting. Happy Birthday buddy!

Enjoy your Sunday and stay safe!!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh pretty Jet!

    Your sunflowers are beautiful. Different, with the red added. -smile-

    We are really cool. -smile- Have to turn a bit of heat on, in the mornings.

    Oh yes, get rid of what is no longer being used! I am all for this. But my husband is not so much for this. Eeeeek! But things do get eliminated, even so. -gigggles-

    ๐ŸŽƒ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐ŸŽƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planted a different variety this year and they are pretty and bloomed longer. Yes, I don't believe in holding on to "stuff" and my husband doesn't really either. I will be happy when we cool off a bit more. Have a good Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Jet is a cutie. Happy Birthday!

    When I prepared to move, I had no choice but to get rid of stuff. Instead of one year, I think I had to use three months of non-usage to determine if I kept it or tossed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jet is a cutie.
      The reason I do a year here is because of the four seasons, especially with clothing. I think a few things just didn't get used because of the pandemic so I'm going to give them a little longer.

      Delete