Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Wednesday W's

What's top of my mind: Recipes.  I have three folders filled with recipes from over the years that have been given to me or that I tore from magazines.  I pulled them out this week and plan to tackle them.  I've started sorting out the ones that I no longer want to try and tossing.  This week I am going to start making one or two each week.  The ones that turn out to be keepers will get placed in my recipe binder.  So expect a lot of new recipes over the next year.  It will be a mix of sides, main courses and desserts.  This will be a fun project.  This has been a project on my list for quite a while and I want to get it done.

Where I've been: Work and home.  Life is very different now.

Where I'm going: Saturday is our bimonthly shopping trip.  We also plan on eating lunch at one of our favorite places which we didn't get to do the last time we went.

What I'm watching:  This past weekend I watched a few Halloween movies again.  I hadn't seen Beetlejuice in many years.  Still a cute movie. I also watched Scream again. I haven't seen it since it came out in 1996.  It is a pretty cheesy movie but I did enjoy it.  The film revitalized the slasher film genre in the mid 1990s, similar to the impact Halloween (1978) had on the late 1970s film, by using a standard concept with a tongue-in-cheek approach that combined straightforward scares with dialogue, that satirized slasher film conventions.

What I'm Reading:  I'm still reading Cooking As Fast As I can.

What I'm Listening To: I've been enjoying more silence lately.  It makes it easier to listen to my inner voice.

What I'm Eating: During the summer we eat a lot of light meals and a lot of fresh veggies.  Now that Fall is here the last couple of weeks I've been doing a few batch cooks of meals and I plan on continuing this.  It is nice to have left overs for a lunch or dinner that you can just pull out of the fridge or freezer. It's a huge time saver.

Who Needs A Good Slap: All of the people bashing Alex Baldwin.  I don't know much about him but I believe the terrible accident that happened does not warrant some of the horrible things being said.  I mean some of the meme's people have created are just horrendous.  How did society get so cruel?

What I'm Planning: I've started planning out November and December.  These are two of my favorite months with a lot of seasonal activities that I really enjoy.  I want to make sure and really embrace them as time seems to fly by if I don't pay attention. 

What's Making Me Smile: The cool air, the bright blue sky and all of the fall colors on the leaves.



7 comments:

  1. I know the poor guy is obviously distraught. It makes me sick. I am such a stick in the mud and very seldom see any recipe I want to try. I just cook what I cook with out a recipe or memorize those I use often. I think I need to broaden my horizons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how he must feel. It's a very sad situation.
      I like to try new recipes, cooking techniques and ideas even if I don't follow them completely. I did notice though that I have many that at one time I must have wanted to try that I've now decided to just throw out.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to see you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am. Today was hard to get up knowing it is cold and rainy but if that's the least of my troubles I am blessed.

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, I know I commented here, because I remember my comment on Alex Baldwin.

    Anyway I wanted to say thank you for believing that things are not going welllllll...

    πŸ‚ πŸ‚ πŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another mmmm, maybe I didn't comment here??????? Now I am really confused. LOL

    πŸ‚ πŸ‚ πŸ‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments automatically post to the blog so I'm not sure what happened. Blogger has been strange lately.

    ReplyDelete