Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2021

13 in 1? Yes please!

We have never had a microwave.  Well technically we did in our house in Florida but only because it was built in and came with the house.  We never used it.  I have always preferred a toaster or convection oven.  I think they crisp and heat better than a microwave.  

Our toaster and our convection oven were still in working condition but both about 10 years old so I went on a search for something to replace them both.  I also have been wanting a dehydrator for my herbs and veggies.  I had seen commercials for the original Ninja Foodi oven and was smitten but then they upgraded to 13 functions in 1 appliance, and it flips up when not in use, I knew it was perfect for us.

Because of Christmas sales I knew this would be the best time to buy so I have been watching the Ninja website, Amazon and Kohls for the last month.  Finally, Kohls had a deal I couldn't pass up.  The original price was 279.00.  I got it for 229.00, free shipping and 40.00 of Kohls cash and I couldn't be happier.




Look at the extra counter space now that the toaster and convection oven are gone.  Amazing.

This one appliance air fries, air roasts, broils, bakes, toast and bagel, dehydrate, reheats, sear crisp, rapid bake, griddle, fresh pizza and frozen pizza.  It came with a sear pan, air fry basket, removeable crumb tray and wire rack.

To give you an idea of its size, it can bake 12 cookies, a full size pizza, a 4 pound roast, etc.  So it is a good size.  It also goes up to 500 degrees so perfect for searing and crisping at the same time.

I'm sure I'll be sharing a lot of what I make as I experiment in the coming weeks.

Horrible storms passed through the area last night and I know Kentucky was highly impacted by a huge tornado.  My prayers go out to everyone that was in the path of this horrific storm.  

Today I'm spending the day making Christmas cookies.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!





6 comments:

  1. GIRL! That looks like one mighty mite of an appliance! I am intrigued! If I had the counter space -- I most definitely DO NOT -- I would go for one of those. I'm pretty tethered to the microwave for reheating stuff and for steaming veggies in their little bags, haaaha. But wow ... I have a Ninja Foodie blender for my smoothies and I am totally sold on this brand. I'm so happy for you. The kitchen looks beautiful with your new NF oven sitting there. LOVE your rooster lamp. I am crazy about lamps on kitchen counters. Please share pictures of all of your lovely cookies! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 13 in 1 plus it flips up for storage sold me, along with being a Ninja product. I have the Ninja Foodie Blender/processor and love it too. I love little lamps all over for the ambiance. I'm not much into rooster decor but the colors and size worked perfectly for this area. And a rooster in the kitchen isn't that unheard of.
      Enjoy your Saturday!! I can't wait to see pics of your new bathroom.

      Delete
  2. Niiiice!!! When I get this place rebuilt, I'm insisting on a larger kitchen so I can have space for things like that. I'm looking forward to see what you're going to cook in it this week, that's for sure.

    Hope the rest of your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did chicken legs on the air fry setting last night and they were very good. Crispy, fully cooked and moist. We were impressed. I'm looking forward to experimenting with it. It will really come in handy this summer for dehydrating.
      Have a great Sunday!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This weekend walnut chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies are going into the freezer. Next weekend we're making pecan tassies and Mexican wedding cookies and frosting sugar cookies.

      Delete