Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2021

My Weekly W's

                                    My Thanksgiving Cactus at work is blooming.  It's so pretty.

What's top of my mind- Enjoying the Christmas season.  I've been being mindful of my time and of the season and am embracing all that it brings.  I've been lighting up the house each evening with the fairy lights, tree and SO many candles.  It just makes a cozy setting. I have a few days of work left and then have 10 days off to enjoy it all even more.  The big guy always closes the TKD school for the holidays so we will have a lot of time to relax and have some fun.

Where I've been- Other than home and work I picked up a book I had reserved from the library.  I went to Kohls to use up my Kohls cash.  Yesterday we went to do our holiday food shopping so we should need nothing until after the New Year.  Last night we drove around armed with large mugs of cocoa and looked at neighboring Christmas lights.  I wish I would have taken my camera because at one of the nativity scenes at the church down the street there was a deer wandering through. Seeing deer roaming our neighborhood is nothing new but the fact it was sniffing around the nativity was pretty cool.

Where I'm going- I will be going to the office Monday-Wednesday. We have a birthday party to go to on Friday. I'm sure we'll eat out a time or two over the 10 days we're off but I'm purposely making no solid plans.

What I'm watching- A lot of Christmas movies.  This week I watched The Enchanted Christmas Cake, Holiday in Santa Fe, My Sweet Holiday and Stepmom.  I know that isn't technically a Christmas movie but it wraps up on Christmas day, so I counted it.

What I'm reading- Life from Scratch by Sasha Martinn and I'm really enjoying it.

What I'm listening to-While in the car I am listening to Christmas music.

What I'm eating-
The last two servings of Brunswick stew with crusty homemade bread
Beef picadillo, rice
Bacon, scrambled eggs, potatoes and biscuits
Fried Chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans
BIG salad
Last night I made homemade cheese ravioli with tomato sauce.  YUM!
I'm not sure about tonight but it will include Chipotle, Jalapeno chicken sausage that our store makes in house.

Who needs a good slap-Any and all corporations that treat their employees like numbers and not people.  

What I'm planning- I'm planning on taking the remainder of the year to slow down and just enjoy.  Before we know it the days will be getting longer again and the season will be over.

What's making me smile-A lot is making me smile but for some reason Trader Joes Christmas bags really made me smile.  They are just too cute.


 I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see things are going well and you had a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best Holiday Attitude!!!

    I love reading here, because it shines through. And it makes me happy.

    I love seeing Dear Bloggers, determined to Enjoy the Beautiful Holiday Season. Perhaps Holiday Frazzzzzzzzles, will be a thing of the past???

    Nahhhh, not for young Mothers. And not for those who actually love the Holiday Rush-Rush-Rush. -smile-

    And now, although the sun will slowly be returning, we go into Deep Winter. True hibernation time. Or at least, we can cultivate this attitude. -smile-

    Happy Full Cold Moon!
    🎄 🌕 🎄
    Happy Winter Solstice/Yule!
    🎄 🌞 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you! I really try to have a good outlook every day. It just makes life a little easier. I do have my bad days just like everyone else though I just try not to dwell there.
    It was so cloudy here the last two nights I haven't been able to see the moon.
    I hope you are feeling better and enjoying the long nights of the season!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Lori I admire your organization, I feel Like I am running with scissors and am in a pretty foul place and I need to snap out of it. But your post made me smile and realize I can relax a little.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had been through what you have I too would be in a foul place. Just take one day at a time and yes, relax!! My thoughts are with you.

      Delete
  5. My husband and I also love to drive around looking at Christmas lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our area more and more have decorated the last two years. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

      Delete