Pages

Friday, December 31, 2021

Out with the old, in with the new


This week I spent an afternoon going through my 2021 journal and setting up for 2022.  I was amazed at some of the things I had completely forgotten about.  I use a lined journal and write everything in it.  It's handy to have it all in one book instead of pieces of paper everywhere.  I don't remember where I got this from, it may have been the bullet journal website, but every year for the last 4 or 5 years I write this on the first page of my new journal as a reminder of what I want to track.  It really helps keep me centered.




I read 18 books this year, way up from 2020 but still less than I used to read.  My favorite book of the year was Four Winds by Kristin Hannah.

We completed 6 of the 12 projects I had written down.  Not a stellar number but considering the year it was I'm satisfied with it. 

The garden was successful this year with a high yield.  Much better than the disaster of 2020. I planted my large rosemary plant in the ground and so far so good.

I completed a soup of the week challenge from January to March and September to December with 6 new to me recipes along with old time favorites.  I think my favorites were the Detox Cabbage soup and the beef stew.  For a person that used to not like soup, I did very well.  I think the cold weather has a lot to do with it.

We paid it forward 12 times through the year which always makes us happy.

I created a much better work/life balance and am so happy about that.  It's made a huge difference in my life.

For 2022 my home project list has 10 items on it so far.  These are all things we can complete and not depend on outside help which is still in short supply.

My personal project list has three items on it but will grow through the year.

My goal is to read 24 books and make 24 new to me recipes.  Two a month of each should be a realistic goal.

Our breakfasts and lunches are usually meatless, but I am adding Meatless Mondays for the dinner plans.  

Weight is not a problem for either of us but I do want to get back into yoga, stretching and upper body strength training.  So my goal is three times a week yoga and three times a week stretching and weightlifting.  I know that isn't a lot, but it is more than I'm doing now.  I don't want to set the bar too high. I already walk quite a bit so I think I'm good there.

It's been two years since we have had a party for obvious reasons.  I really want to have an outside backyard BBQ this summer so I'm hoping Covid cooperates.

I'm hoping 2022 is the best year we've all seen in a long time!!




10 comments:

  1. I hope 2022 is a lot better for everyone, and I'm fascinated with this journaling thing. I have to admit my only goal is to make 2022 better than this year.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always journaled as a way to keep my mind organized and to keep the momentum moving otherwise I just seem to go through the days on auto piolet. I think your goal to make 2022 better than last year is a noble goal.
      Happy New Year to you!!

      Delete
  2. Have never done complete journaling, like this and others do. It is certainly all inclusive.

    Best of luck with plans for the new year.

    Please continue to speak of your Healthy Living plans. I need all the prompts and encouragement, I can get. -smile-

    Merry Midwinter Wishes
    Happy New Year
    Hugs
    🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will routinely post my successes and failures along the way.
      Happy New Year to you!!

      Delete
  3. You did great, you know I really need to add a stretching video to my life at least a few times a week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to stretch and do yoga almost daily and it is time to get back to it.

      Delete
  4. That sounds great ... and I love hearing other people's favorite books. Thank you. Maybe I'll read Kristin Hannah too. Thanks.
    Your sports program sounds great, I wish you a great start with it. I do strength training three times a week and also do stretching there. I wish you a lot of fun and a happy 2022.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, Kristin Hannah is one of my favorite authors. Her last 4 or 5 books have been SO good. happy New Year!

      Delete
  5. Well, all we do is get together and party and nothing that happened in the last two years stopped us, haahahaaaa! Of course I refer to the family and maybe a friend or two, but it's all good. I think that your accomplishments this year were very impressive. Reading eighteen books and completing six projects? That's nothing to sneeze at. Not that you were sneezing, haahaa. I too keep a daily journal -- I actually only started doing this when my mother got sick in August of 2020, because I wanted to remember everything that happened. Then after she was gone, I kept doing it and it IS really nice to be able to go back and check when certain things happened! So this year I will do it again. I hope you have even more success with all of your goals in 2022. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Keeping a journal really keeps me motivated and like you said it is nice to be able to go back and remember when things happened. I have to remind myself that back when I read 30 or 40 books a year I only worked 186 days a year. Now that I work 'full time' I guess 18 is pretty good. I'm still shooting for 24 this year. :-)

      Delete