Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2021

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

I finished everything for the year and am officially off work until January 3rd and I couldn't be happier.  The group I work for spoils me so much around the holidays.  I think I can live off of Gift Cards for quite some time.  One of them always send me a flower arrangement and as always, this one is so pretty the picture doesn't do it justice.  

Even though I've been very mindful of time and doing small things each day to celebrate the moment it is still hard to believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve.  I hope the next 10 days slow down a bit.

So far today, we went out for breakfast for the first time in two years and it was horrible. I really wish we had a nice breakfast place here. Our Cracker Barrell is not a good one. Since we got home I've done a few things around the house and whipped up the fruit salad that I love.  One of my grandmothers used to make this and it has always been my favorite.  It is fresh diced pineapple, sliced bananas and marshmallows.  I don't always add the marshmallows, but the big guy had a bag in the cabinet for his hot chocolate, so I added them this time. Something about pineapple and bananas, I could eat this every day.


Tomorrow afternoon we have a Birthday party to go to.  We're having lamb burgers for dinner and plan on having Christmas movies in the background as we play Scrabble.  It's funny to think back pre covid at how different our lives are.  We have really slowed down and I think we both like it this way. The big guy is just excited as I am to have 10 full unplanned days to do as we wish.

I'll leave you with a picture of Jet all snuggled up in his chair last night taking a cat nap.  He's just too cute.



6 comments:

  1. You continue to have a perfect and wise attitude, toward the Christmas Holiday. -smile- Minus the frazzzzzzle!

    Happy, Happy Christmas...
    🎄🌟🎄🌟🎄🌟🎄🌟🎄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't frazzzzzle very well. Merry Christmas to you also!!

      Delete
  2. Awwww Jet is precious! Beautiful too. That salad does sound SO good! I love pineapple and I love bananas and I truly love marshmallows! Let's throw in some maraschino cherries, though, haaaha! Merry Christmas, Lori! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a quick delicious fruit salad. Cherries would be good. Merry Christmas Jenny!!

      Delete
  3. I love Jet!

    I'm glad to see everything is going well. I'm going to spend the next three days relaxing, if I can. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jet is such a funny creature. I hope you were able to visit your father. Yes, relaxing is top of my list on my staycation. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete