Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2021

The last Weekly W's of 2021

 


Here we are, the last week of 2021.  This is the week that I use to reflect on the past year and look at what worked, what didn't, what I want more and less of in my life.  I have my new journal waiting and will begin to set it up this week.  2022...please be kind to us all.

What's top of my mind: My husband. AKA the big guy.  I am so blessed to have such a caring, considerate, hardworking and helpful husband.  He's the best and I need to remember to thank him a little more often for all he does to keep our lives rolling along smoothly.  

Where I've been: Thursday we went out to breakfast.  Not good.  Friday we went to a birthday party.  It was held at a new cafe, Cafe Bloom.  It was so beautiful!  The atmosphere and the people. We knew most everyone there but also met some new people and had great conversation. I'm so glad we went.  And I ate my weight in Indian food. Yes SPO, a LOT of curried snacks.

Where I'm going: We both have the week off.  We know we'll take a day trip or two and have lunch somewhere.  Other than that, it is unplanned bliss.

What I'm watching: A LOT of Christmas movies this past week.  We ended the Christmas movie watching yesterday with Christmas Chronicles 1 and 2 and of course A Christmas Story.

What I'm reading: I'm still reading the book I started last week and I have two new Mary Jane Farm magazines to read as well.  Also the seed catalogs are coming in.  So much to read.

What I'm listening to: Nothing much this week.  

What I'm eating: Meals this week were

Left Over Chili, loaded and cornbread
Left over Sloppy Joes with air fried potatoes
Chicken, black beans and rice
BIG salad
Lamb burgers and air fried potatoes
Roasted turkey, lamb meatballs, mashed potatoes, bacon and parm roasted asparagus, deviled eggs and yeast rolls.
Today will be a smorgasbord of leftovers

Who needs a good slap: On pause, due to the holidays.

What I'm planning: As I said above, this is the week for relaxing and planning my goals for 2022.

What's making me smile: So many smiles this week.  All because of people and not things.  There are so many wonderful people in my small little circle and I'm thankful for each one and also each one of my blog friends. 

How was your holiday week?

10 comments:

  1. Ahhhh, I love your use of this week.... "The Week That Time Forgot" -smile-

    Happy Boxing Day!

    We have little snow, but it is cold...

    So it is the beginning of Deep Winter, to me.

    And yes, I welcome it. -smile-

    🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲 ⛄ 🌲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an unbelievably 71 degrees here yesterday. Today it's 48. We have had no snow yet and I wish it would hurry up. Even without the cold and snow I am happy to snuggle up at home.

      I hope you enjoyed your Christmas!!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post! I love your "unplanned bliss" phrase. That is the very best. We are eating any type of leftover ham dish I can think of around here! The weather here is unseasonably warm. I am hoping for some cozy snow soon. Happy Week Inbetween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie Jo. I've been patiently waiting for this staycation for a while, so I want to take full advantage of it. Our weather is unseasonably warm as well. Today is another day in the 70's. Almost 40 degrees higher than the norm.
      I hope you have a wonderful week inbetween as well!!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a great holiday weekend and you have this week off. I'll have to give my last update tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things are OK and that you had a good weekend.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I love your W's especially the pause on who needs a good slap, haaaha! Our week was BUSY and I must admit, exhausting ... at least for me, because all I do is COOK! But I am thankful for my husband and children and wonderful friends, and we did have a great time ... I'm just glad it's over. Well ... ALMOST over! Andrew and Brittany and Ember will arrive tomorrow afternoon and it starts all over again. But the menus will not be quite as ambitious, and it will be more relaxed. For now I'm ensconced in the leather recliner in a corner of my bedroom, wearing my new pajamas and socks (cats on both) and sitting underneath my new "Covered in Cotton" throw made right here in South Carolina. I have no plans to get up, except to move the laundry along. It's like spring outside ... in the upper 70s for daytime highs throughout the week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At times I feel all I do is COOK as well. I love it but it can get exhausting.
      I'm glad you had a nice holiday and that part two will be a little more relaxed. Enjoy snuggling up with the cats and your new throw. You'll have to post a picture of it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. We have them at least once a week. So good.

      Delete