Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2021

My Week

Here we are at the beginning of the Holiday season, and I couldn't be happier.  Mother Nature hasn't gotten the memo because temps this week were in the 60's.  The work week had a couple of hiccups but all in all it was manageable.  The Christmas Movie marathon has started.  Since last weekend we've/I've watched...

This Christmas
Bad Mom's Christmas
Holiday In the Wild
Four Christmases
Christmas Vacation

There will be many more Christmas movies over the next few weeks.  I also have our 'activities list' filled out with things we want to do during this season.  I want each day to be filled with a little Joy.  Not just this month but always. 

I decorated the office tree.  It's hard to get a good picture because of the windows. 


At home, the tree is decorated. It's filled with a lifetime of ornaments that are special to us.  I showed some of them on this post last year. Culinary Adventures with Lori: It's beginning to look like Christmas  I still have to get out a few things and do the entry way bench and the dining room table.  That will be done today.  


We took off early yesterday morning to do the grocery shopping.  We stopped at Panera and picked up a couple of bagels for the ride.  Their bagels just aren't what I'm used to.  In Florida we had Bakin Bagels and they were pure heaven.  I haven't had anything even close here.  The crowds were small since we started so early which was nice.  I always make my own salsa, but I found a local brand and decided to try it.  It's from Home - reinneckranch.com  We used it last night on beef nachos.  I should have bought medium or hot but instead picked up mild.  It was a bit sweet for me but with all of the jalapenos that were on the nachos it worked.  I like the ingredient list and will probably try a hotter version when we return.  It will be nice for New Year's Eve appetizers.


A bag of Chicago style popcorn found its way into the cart as well.  This is made in St. Louis and is always so fresh.  If you haven't had the combo of cheese popcorn and caramel popcorn, you need to give it a try.  It's delicious.


I also made a trip to Hobby Lobby and picked up all of the boxes and tins and bags for Christmas treat gifts.  I will start Christmas baking next weekend doing the ones that freeze well and making the ones that need to be fresh closer to the holiday.  I plan to have them all ready for delivery by the 21st. or 22nd.  I'm keeping it simple this year and only making four different cookies.  Well I say that now but always end up doing more.  We will see.

Meals this week...

Pasta and salad

Cheeseburger and oven fries

Chicken and rice


Big Salad and a couple for the next day's lunch



Hot ham and cheese on homemade buns and onion rings.  They were so good last week I had to make them again.

Beef nachos



If the day goes as planned, I am going to make Naan and Skillet Chicken Shawarma for dinner tonight. I've been craving it for a couple of weeks.

Today is going to be pretty low key.  I'm going to finish up the decorating, do a bit of laundry and just get myself physically and mentally prepared for the week ahead.  I'm having a hard time deciding what to cook for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  What is on your menu for the holidays?

Stay safe and enjoy your Sunday!!


6 comments:

  1. I love the meals you made. Sadly, I don't have time for cooking anymore unless it's a day off like today. I'm glad things are going well, and I love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Cooking is my way to decompress after a long day. I hope your first week was great!!

      Delete
  2. I am mad-jealous. There is so now signs of christmas here - hasn't had time to make any!
    After I make rounds on the blogs, I plan to haul in the trimmings and get some going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll get it done. Hauling it all out is the hard part.

      Delete
  3. Lori your trees are truly beautiful -- both office and home. So festive! The meals look awesome too. I could really throw down on that Chicago Style Popcorn! Basically perfect. It's too warm here in the midlands of South Carolina. I really do like to feel a nip in the air in December but it is decidedly in absentia. Oh well ... it's not like I can do anything about it, so, time to move on! Haaahaha xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Isn't Chicago Style Popcorn the best? I can eat my weight in it. We've had a roller coaster of temps here in Southern Illinois this year. Today it is 26 degrees this morning and in a couple of days it will be back in to he 60's.

      Delete