Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: My Mom.  Dementia is a cruel disease, especially in such an otherwise healthy person.  It just doesn't seem fair.

Where I've been: Yesterday we stopped at the local Kroger for milk, bananas and water, then went to the pet store next door for Binx's food.  The big guy has loved every cat we've ever had but it seems he wants to spoil Binx even more. He has probably spent more money on him in just 11 weeks, than all the other cats together.  Binx now has even MORE toys and a new fuzzy cat bed for winter.  

Where I'm going: Other than work, I have no plans.  Man has my life changed in the last few years and I'm oddly OK with it.

What I'm watching: Through the week while cooking I watched the 3rd season of Never Have I Ever on Netflix. I love the lead character for her honesty and ability to say she's wrong when she is.  We need more people like that.

What I'm reading: I'm sad to say I didn't read anything for fun this week.  

What I'm listening to: Peace and quiet as often as possible.

What I'm eating:

BIG salad
Meatloaf, red potatoes, green beans
Roasted chicken, summer squash, salad
Eggrolls, rice
Spicy chicken sausage, pasta with veg






Meatball pie

Who needs a good slap: 30 miles from here they found a puppy mill.  There were over 100 dogs, some in pretty bad shape. Animal cruelty just breaks my heart. I give them a very hard back handed slap. 

What I'm planning: I have a lot of basil so today I'm going to make another batch of pesto for the freezer.  That should give us plenty to use throughout the winter.  I also need to make zucchini bread this week.

What's making me smile: We have had lower than normal temperatures and the humidity has gone down.  I know it is too early for that to last, but it makes me smile and I'm going to enjoy it while it's here.

Hope everyone is doing well and has a wonderful Sunday!!

18 comments:

  1. Your menus always sound so delicious, Lori! And inspiring to me. Like I hadn't thought of making a meatloaf in awhile. Will put that down for one of our meals once we use the oven again in a few short months! So sad about the puppy mill. Heartless people. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law and then some! So neat that the Big Guy and Binx are bonding well and then some! Always good to spoil our pets! They do bring us such joy! It is always a relief when there is a slight difference in the heat and humidity and the thought that cooler days are ahead :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend and may the week ahead be a kind one!

    (and thanks for asking about us with the floods/rain/etc here in Arizona. We are safe but others around us have lost power for several days and there is some flooding in the Flagstaff area (about 2 hours north of us) that had devastating fires a few years ago and that land now always floods. We are grateful for the rain we are receiving :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty. We don't have meatloaf often but enjoy it when we do. Illinois is usually pretty hard on people when it comes to animal cruelty so hopefully, they will pay for what they did. It just breaks my heart.
      They have bonded. I think it's because he's partially retired and has been home more than he was with the others. I'm not sure. I woke up Friday night and went to the kitchen to get a drink of water and he was in the kitchen with Binx taking selfies. SO not like him. lol
      I'm glad you're getting rain and haven't had any problems with floods or power loss.
      Stay safe and enjoy your week!!

      Delete
  2. You are wise to be content...

    So sorry about your Mom....

    Yes, we want to enjoy lovely weather, when ever it comes by us!!!!

    💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      It's been cooler and will be even cooler the next two or three days and then the heat will return. I'll take it though.

      Delete
  3. Peace and quiet is the panacea for many ills; good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about what your Mom is going through. It is indeed cruel. It's even crueler when things happen before and after death. I'll give deets when I post my update tomorrow afternoon/evening.

    Glad to see you had a great week, and let's enjoy the cooler weather while we can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dementia has taken so much from her already. It just breaks my heart. Oh that doesn't sound good.
      Enjoy your Sunday my friend and I'll check in with you tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. We had a great Dane mill found here. Cam you imagine over 30 Great Danes all very emaciated used for breeding. They have all been rescued and adopted out. SO cruel. The pictures were horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is terrible. I don't understand how people can be cruel to animals. The photos I saw of the dogs found there were not pretty.

      Delete
  6. Wow I'll help you take out the puppy mill trash. That is disgusting and it breaks my heart too. I cannot imagine abusing an animal. Sounds like Binx is making bank! Funny story: For the three years I've had her, my Sweetness has not one but two fuzzy cushy beds in her condo. One of them, brown and beige, is bigger and much cushier than the other one, which is pink. She has always completely ignored them both. She sleeps and lounges in her hammock instead. BUT several weeks ago I took apart her huge condo/crate to clean and wash everything, and I threw her two beds into the wash. When they were done and dry and fluffy again, for some reason I stuffed the smaller pink bed down into the larger beige/brown bed. And now she will sleep nowhere else. Haaahaha! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is disgusting and I just can't understand how anyone can be cruel to an animal.
      This is a beautiful fuzzy cushy bed in gray and he has yet to get in to it. lol
      That is too funny about your baby. Cat's do their own thing that is for sure.

      Delete
  7. I hope you have a great day my friend. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about your Mom's dementia. It is heartbreaking to lose our loved ones a little at a time.
    Love the picture of Binx, what a handsome kitty!
    So sad about the puppy mill. I hope those dogs are able to find loving homes.
    Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing burns my bacon and makes me sob like a puppy mill. 5 slaps indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it just breaks my heart and really ticks me off all at the same time.

      Delete