Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2022

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  My father.  Today is his Birthday.  He's been gone almost 30 years and I often wonder how different things would have been if he had been here on earth longer.  I never got to make him a meal and that makes me sad.



Where I've been: Friday I had the day off from work so went out to run a few errands.  I went to the library and picked up three books.  Stopped by the farmers market and brought home a load of veggies, enjoyed a donut from The Hole Dozen and then ran to the store to top off a few things.  I love living in a small town because all of this took all of an hour and a half.  When I lived in Florida this would have taken a lot longer.

Where I'm going: This week I will be working all week.  We have a reservation for lunch at Firefly on Saturday.  Other than that I have no plans on going anywhere.

What I'm watching: I thought I had taped the new series Big Bad Budget Battle but for some reason it didn't work.  I finally caught one episode Tuesday and I really enjoyed it. 

What I'm reading: I am almost finished with Sugar and Salt by Susan Wiggs.  I'm loving it and wondering how I have never even heard of this author before.  She has written a lot of books and I can see myself working through the list very soon.

What I'm listening to:  My gut.  I always try to pay attention to what my gut tells me about situations and I'm usually right.

What I'm eating: 
Beef sausage, peppers, onions, red potatoes and tomatoes
Stir fry chicken, zucchini, tomatoes and roll ups.
BIG salad
Beef picadillo, rice and Peruvian sauce, naan
Pepperoni, red onion, green pepper pizza and salad YES, Friday night pizza and game night is back!


Left over beef picadillo in egg roll wrappers with rice.  YUM!  It just amazes me what you wrap in an egg roll wrapper and how delicious it is.



Who needs a good slap:  Anyone with a rude or entitled personality.  There is no excuse to be mean to people.

What I'm planning: Today I'm making the last batch of basil pesto, firing up the grill to roast a lot of peppers to put away for the winter and finish my book.  It's been a laid-back kind of weekend and I've loved every minute of it.

What's making me smile: Every day that I wake up, I have to smile.

23 comments:

  1. Amen to the slapping! It's hard to think about what could have been when we lose people so young. Your food looks delicious. Nothing creative going in here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't see any reason for rudeness. All I can think is rude people must have a very unhappy life.
      Enjoy your vacation and your family this week Sam.

      Delete
  2. So true that every day we wake up should put a smile on our face :) I'll have to check out that author you mentioned; I had not heard of her. I like the name of that donut shop :) Every Saturday when we go out to run errands we pass by the local donut shop and I always say "a donut would be good" but I've not stopped for one yet :) (not willpower, just lazy to stop and get out of the car lol :) Delicious food as always you cook!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should check her out Betty. I finished the book this morning and it was awesome. The fact that I basically read it in just over a day should tell you I couldn't put it down. I understand about stopping sometimes. This happens to be a food truck at the farmers market, and I was already there, so I got one.
      Can't wait to see what you've been reading this month.
      Wishing you an awesome week!!

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the slapping. I deal with a lot of those people every work day. Possibly not for much longer?

    I'm also glad to see you had a great, peaceful week. Hopefully this upcoming one is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't handle what you do at all. I hope you find something that is a bit less stressful.
      I hope you have a good week as well my friend.

      Delete
  4. I can so identify with the shopping in Florida. I live 1/2 the year in South Florida where just going to the supermarket may mean being in traffic for 20 minutes or more each way. During the summer I am in a small town in Pennsylvania and can do Bj's, supermarket, get gas, and other errands in 1 and 1/2 hours! I made pesto yesterday too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in SW Florida and the traffic was brutal. It's much easier to run errands in a small town.
      It's sad that the basil season is coming to an end but I have a lot of pesto in the freezer for this winter.

      Delete
  5. I love listening to your gut. There's a lot to be said for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeff. It took awhile but I've got it down now.

      Delete
  6. I don't like rude people at all! I cannot stand it. Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your menu. I’m hungry. Have a lovely day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always listen to your gut! It's a lesson I've learned the hard way more times that I want to admit! I think I crammed it into my kids heads when they were growing up, too! The food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely picture...

    🍁🍎🍁 HAPPY SEPTEMBER 🍁🍎🍁

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so sorry you lost your father at such a young age. My dad passed in 2018 at age 85, so I was lucky that he even got to meet his first great grandchild. His birthday is also in August.I’ve read a few Susan Wiggs books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good that you had so much time with your Dad and that he met his grandchildren and a great grandchild.
      This was my first Susan Wiggs book but I will be reading more. I enjoyed this one.

      Delete
  11. I am about to listen to a lecture on 'status' in people; rude and entitled-acting people often do this out of deemed-status.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a precious picture of you with your dad. I never knew my dad and there are no pictures of just me with him. And only ONE that I know of, where we are even both in it! He too died young, at the age of 37. I miss him every day. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm so sorry you didn't get a chance to know your Dad. It's also sad that you don't have any pictures. Hugs to you my friend! I miss my Dad also. It never goes away does it?

      Delete