Pages

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Savory Drop Biscuits


 I have been making these biscuits for over 30 years.  They are quick and delicious.  The best thing I love about them is you can change up the cheeses and herbs that you use for the profile of the dish you are making.  Very versatile which is nice.

1 Cup Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, diced (or use granulated garlic)
1/4 Cup cold butter, shredded or cut into small cubes
1/2 Cup milk
1/2 Cup cheese

Combine all ingredients.

Drop by a large spoonful on a parchment lined baking sheet.

Bake in 350-degree oven for 25 minutes.

Makes 6 biscuits

Options:  Various cheeses
                Various herbs
                Green onions
                Diced jalapeno peppers

12 comments:

  1. Great recipe Lori. While we have weeks before cool weather, this will be a nice addition to soups and stews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very easy to bake which is something I always look for! I'm going to save the recipe for when we start using the oven again in November :)

    Thanks for sharing and hope you are having a great Saturday, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super easy and so versatile. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday as well Betty!!

      Delete
  3. Your savory drop biscuits sound absolutely delicious while so easy to make- and I love that you can vary them up with different herbs and spices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The varieties are endless. Cheddar, garlic and a bit of jalapeno are SO good.

      Delete
  4. Those looks deelish and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another 'write this one down and do it' recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is so easy and delicious. You must try it.

      Delete
  6. That looks like a good one and I have copied it! I like that it makes only six! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that they only make 6 also. I think you'd enjoy them.

      Delete