Pages

Friday, January 6, 2023

5 Favorite Kitchen Helpers

I don't like a lot of kitchen gadgets that have just one use.  When I buy something new for the kitchen it has to be able to have a huge impact.

Here in no particular order are my five favorite kitchen helpers.

 
The crock pot Dutch oven.  From loaves of bread to whole roasted chickens, you name it.  I use this a lot.  It's very versatile on the stove or in the oven. 


13 in 1 Ninja foodie flip.  I've had this for over a year now and I LOVE it.  Fresh pizza, frozen pizza, bake, dehydrate, sear, toast, air fry and so much more.  This gets used a lot. We've never had a microwave.  Well technically we did in our house in Florida because it came built in with the house, but we never used it.  I just don't care for them.  This Ninja foodie replaced a toaster and a convection oven that were getting pretty old.  This saves so much room on the counter when it's not in use.


Ninja blender and food processor.  Frozen drinks, milkshakes, sauces, dicing, chopping, crushing, dough, smoothies...this does it all.  The power of it is a bit amazing.


Cuisinart double oven Mit/potholders. I've had every kind of potholder you could think of over the years and still seemed to burn myself quite a bit.  I first saw these probably 10 years ago on Great British Bake Off and set out to find them.  I can honestly say I haven't burnt myself since and the quality is impressive.  The blue one was the first one I bought, and it is still in really good shape.  They wash up very well.


Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer.  This is one speaks for itself.  I think we all know this is a powerful kitchen helper.

What are some of your favorite kitchen helpers.  Curious minds want to know.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

18 comments:

  1. I could not find the British style potholder anywhere, mentioned it was on my list and my sister gifted to me for my birthday. I too lovey Dutch oven and Ninja blender/ processor. Yours is fancier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found mine on Amazon. So glad you were gifted one. I love mine. Dutch ovens and Ninja blender/processors are a huge help in the kitchen.

      Delete
  2. These are some of my favorite as well! The only thing I don't have are the kitchen mits...they look amazing. My toaster oven is my go-to for so many meal, and it's great when you are cooking for two people. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ninja is our go to as well. I use it more than I do the oven. The mitts are really good. I haven't burnt myself since I got them.

      Delete
  3. I like those pot holders.
    I don't really spend much time in the kitchen anymore. I like my air fryer but it's big and clunky. I probably use my microwave the most because I tend to cook once and reheat leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably spend too much time in the kitchen but I do enjoy it. Cooking once and enjoying leftovers is always nice.

      Delete
  4. I don’t own any of those, though I do have oven mitts. Good ones are hard to find, as most are too thin to do the job. And what’s with the half sized ones these days? It’s like asking to get burned.

    I don’t have many kitchen appliances, but I use a coffee bean grinder to grind flax seeds and I love my lemon juicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These oven mitts are super heavy. I love them. I've seen the half sized ones and I just don't get it either. I would burn myself for sure.

      Delete
  5. I bought a Kitchenaid about 10 years ago and while it is indeed good, I personally don't feel it is 10 times as good as the one that cost 10 times less. I don't know. People I know swear by them but I'm not so sure it's worth the money (not for me, in any case). That being said I LOVE my very old slow cooker. I would set it off in the morning before work (when I was organized enough) and dinner would be ready when we got home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually got mine on a half off sale on Amazon. I don't usually pay full price for anything but watch for sales. Yes on the slow cooker. I love mine too.

      Delete
  6. I was planning on buying an artisan series KitchenAid mixer soon. I'm waiting for the weather to improve so I can go buy it. My favorite right now is that Zojirushi rice cooker I bought a few years ago. When rice is cooked in that, it's divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is the Artisan also. I saw you were having some major rain in your area. I don't have a rice cooker but I know a lot of people swear by them. Stay safe!!

      Delete
  7. Yes yes yes to the mix master! and yes too for the Dutch oven. I want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mixer is amazing. You need a Dutch oven in your life.

      Delete
  8. Wow the Ninja company really comes through with some great appliances! I too keep appliances to a minimum because I just don't have room for them. That Foodie Flip thing looks fascinating! I think my Audrey would like that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the two Nina products that I have. The Foodie Flip is a true workhorse. I can't tell you how glad that I am that I bought it.

      Delete
  9. I'm a Ninja girl too! I love every single ninja appliance I own. I need to add the foodi flip to my wish list :) I love your kitchen color scheme. That dutch oven is especially beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I bought the foodi flip in 2021 around Christmas time from Kohls and got it for a steal. That is when they seem to have the best deals on kitchen equipment.

      Delete