Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2023

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: The first week after the holidays has come to an end.  Returning to work wasn't too bad.  I went back on Monday and since the rest of Administration took that day as a holiday it was quiet and peaceful.  It's amazing how much you can get done when you aren't interrupted by meetings and phone calls. 

Where I've been:  Yesterday I picked up a few groceries and household items that we needed. I stopped by my favorite home store Newell's but I got there at 9 and they don't open until 9:30 now so I decided not to wait. Later I picked up pizzas from Joes's to take the school for the big guy's seminar and then spent the rest of the day at home.

Where I'm going: Other than work, I don't have any plans on going anywhere.  January is my month to relax.

What I'm watching: I caught up on the latest season of Family Kharma. Other than that, I didn't watch any TV or movies.

What I'm reading: I found this interesting.




What I'm listening to: Binx running through the house like the wild animal he is.  How can such a little kitty make so much noise?

What I'm eating:
Veg pasta and no knead bread
Spicey chicken and bean soup one night with bread and one night with cheese roll ups.



Bulgogi beef with broccoli, rice and naan
Grits and eggs (I wasn't hungry so this is what the big guy had)
Lamb chops, baked potato, salad and garlic knots





Who needs a good slap:  Harry and Meghan.  I'd really like to throat punch both of them.  Their behavior and the things they've said and done are unforgivable.  I feel for the rest of the family.

What I'm planning: I'm planning a day trip to Indiana for us. There is an Amish restaurant there that we love and the big guy is wanting to go back.  The weather is so unpredictable around here I'm keeping the date flexible.  

What's making me smile: We had a lot of sunny days this week and the full wolf moon Friday was gorgeous.  The moon and the sun always make me smile.

Have a great week!!


27 comments:

  1. Oh please give Harry and Meghan a slap for me too! They are so ridiculous!
    The spicy chicken and bean soup looks good. Reminds me that I have been craving my white chicken chili for a while and will add it to my menu this week! Have fun on your trip to Indiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are ridiculous!! I Love white chicken chili too. Hope you enjoy it and have a good week.

      Delete
  2. I figure if H and M truly want to live an anonymous life I will give it to them and will watch/read/listen to absolutely nothing about them. Seems they are making quite a bit of dough off of their pleas, while trading a British royalty life for an American "royalty" one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what bothers me the most about them. I thought they were giving up the 'royal' life for more privacy, yet they've done everything possible to be in the headlines. I turn the station quickly when someone starts talking about them.

      Delete
  3. I don’t follow the Royals, so I have no idea what they’ve said, but I’m sure both William and Harry have mental health issues after what happened to their mom, plus the fact of who their father is (I find him to be a wretched creep).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't follow either but caught someone talking about his new book. I'm with you on his father. He does seem pretty creepy!

      Delete
  4. I don't follow the news so have no idea what Harry and Meghan have said or done. But go ahead and give them an extra slap for me any way.
    It is nice going to work and not having everyone around. I am first one in at work every day and yesterday I went in early so I had almost 3 hours to myself with no co workers or customers. I got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His new book apparently is the equivalent to a trashy tell all. I go in an hour before the doc's and two or three hours before admin and it is heaven.

      Delete
  5. I'm not following H&M either. They can just live their life. My weeks have been odd for work, fitting vacation in, last week dealing with snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard someone talking about his new book.

      Delete
  6. I don't follow celebrity gossip, so I have no clue what M & H did or said. I made that major purchase yesterday and I can't wait to try it out before dinner. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just caught people talking about his new book that is coming out. Apparently, Spain released it earlier and they were all talking about him trashing everyone in it. Did you get a Kitchen Aie?

      Delete
  7. Looks like I'm not alone when it come to giving a good slap to Harry and Meghan... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not alone at all. I think this 'tell all' that he wrote is his worst move yet.

      Delete
  8. I love what you’re eating. Have a wonderful day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know about you but I find that it feels good to get back to my regular routine after the holidays. Harry and Megan have certainly been causing a stir and drawing lots of attention to themselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy getting back to more routine. Yes the book Harry wrote is causing quite a bit of backlash.

      Delete
  10. Nothing like a quiet weekday to start the year. It should be a new rule!

    ReplyDelete
  11. January has been a slow start for me too. Going back to work after the holidays is rough! I'm taking my time this week. Lots of leftovers are on my menu! Your soup looks delicious! I have been craving soup and intend on making some this week. I watched the Netflix Harry & Megan doc too. Have no words. It's so disappointing what they are doing. The need to just stop. Have a great weekend, Lori! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. January is always a bit of a slow month for me on purpose. I like to hibernate after the holidays. I didn't watch the documentary, just heard a bit about his new book. It's very disappointing how they're behaving and the things that are being said. Have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  12. That is a lovely word indeed !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh I love those amish restaurants in Nappanee and similar places! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a good one too. We haven't been since before Covid so it is time. I'll have to wear my stretchy pants. hugs

      Delete