Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

52 Recipes in 52 Weeks #4 Lamb T-bones with Rosemary-Balsamic Butter Sauce

One of my projects for 2024 is to try one new recipe each week for the year.  These will be chosen from all of the flagged pages in cookbooks that I have or from the file of 'need to try' recipes.  I will try new desserts, main dishes, side dishes and breads.

We eat lamb probably once a week and the T-bones are one of our favorites.  Usually, I put a little cumin, coriander, garlic and salt and pepper to spice them up before pan frying in a cast iron skillet.  I saw this recipe and thought it might be nice to try them another way. This recipe came from another cookbook of Emerils, 20-40-60 Fresh Food Fast.



Eight 2-inch-thick lamb T-bone chops

1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons diced garlic
1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary (I'm sure you could use dried)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup red wine
6 Tablespoons (3/4 of a stick) unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar, the garlic, 1/2 Tablespoon of rosemary, and the salt.  Combine well.  Add the lamb and set aside to marinate while you continue with the dish.

Add the remaining 1/4 cup of balsamic and the red wine.  Bring to a simmer on the stove until it becomes a syrup consistency, about 7 minutes.  Reduce the heat and whisk in the butter in three parts to combine.  Do not allow to boil.  Add the remaining rosemary, remove from heat, cover and set aside.

Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.  Remove the lamb from the marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  When the oil is hot add the lamb and cook 4 minutes per side.  Rest briefly before serving and then drizzle with the rosemary-balsamic butter sauce and enjoy.

We did really enjoy this dish, and we both give it a 9.  The rosemary-balsamic butter sauce is amazing!! I'm already thinking of trying this sauce on other meats, it was that good.  I know a lot of people do not have access to lamb like I do.  If you do find it though, don't be intimidated by lamb.  It is actually very easy to cook.  



42 comments:

  1. Sounds tasty. I have never in my life had lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve only had lamb chops once, made by my MIL. I think back then, I thought lamb was expensive? I can’t say I ever notice it at the grocery store, but I guess I haven’t looked. I don’t notice a lot of things until I see it mentioned online. I tried chicken sausages for the first time this week and we really liked them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about everywhere else but lamb is very common here in our area and not expensive at all. We love chicken sausage. One of the stores we go to makes their own in house and has a large variety.

      Delete
  3. we used to eat lamb chops in our childhood but rarely and i don't eat lamb as an adult. It has that rancid taste ... but your flavourings sound tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flavor was very good. I think lamb is a lot like cilantro. Some people like it and others don't.

      Delete
  4. I love lamb especially with mint sauce. I rarely eat it here in Canada, but will always have it when we're in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamb with mint sauce is so good too. I have a sauce that I make for lamb meatballs that is loaded with mint and so tasty.

      Delete
  5. You eat lamb once a week? I hardly ever do, but I love it. What's up with that? I've got to cook it more often, and this is a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually do. Lamb is very accessible and affordable here and we love it more than beef. I will take a lamb burger over a hamburger any day. This sauce is SO delicious over the lamb chops. I think you'd love it.

      Delete
  6. That looks sooooo good! I want some, and I don't care if it's breakfast time where I'm at.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds and looks delicious. I think I had lamb way back when I was a kid. I don't think any of the grocery stores around here have it. Possibly some of the butcher shops might.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my grandmother cooked it occasionally. We didn't have it in Florida at all. When we moved here I found that it is very affordable and easy to find and we've been hooked since.

      Delete
  8. Our Costco often has very nice lamb chops and leg-of-lamb. I love it, though we are trying to eat less meat, so definitely not once a week. I usually broil the chops to get a nice crisp brown surface, but leave it somewhat rare inside. Rosemary and lamb is definitely a classic combination and your recipe sounds quite good.
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not big on lamb but that does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand, a lot of people aren't fans.

      Delete
  10. Oh I haven't eaten lamb in ages - that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori I love the idea of a new recipe each week! My husband loves lamb and we both like the type of seasoning (cumin, coriander, garlic) in this recipe. Looking forward to seeing more of your new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks absolutely delicious! I can almost taste it! I love lamb! Growing up, we ate far more lamb than beef. I agree with Mae about the rosemary/lamb combination. You should also try lamb with mint. The best! I wish I could find good lamb here. I'm curious. Have you ever eaten or cooked mutton? Mutton curry is really good. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We also eat more lamb than beef. I love mint with lamb. I have tried mutton curry a few times that was cooked by one of my doctors wives and I love it. I have not cooked it though and I'm not sure where she found it. I hope you have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  13. Good for you! I am already behind unless you count 'kits' that come with new ways to cook things.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word Lori that looks so delicious!!!!! I love meat, hahaa xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This looks amazing! I love your idea of a new recipe each week. I will pass this on to my Peyton. She will love to challenge herself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun challenge plus we get to eat new things.

      Delete
  16. I love lamb. It is definitely the most tasty of all kinds of meat. Thanks for sharing the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lamb and this recipe sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a really good recipe. It's now become my favorite way to make them. The sauce is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete