Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2024

52 Recipes in 52 Weeks #9 Greek Deviled Eggs

One of my projects for 2024 is to try one new recipe each week for the year.  These will be chosen from all of the flagged pages in cookbooks that I have or from the file of 'need to try' recipes.  I will try new desserts, main dishes, side dishes and breads.

A couple of weeks ago I started searching for a new to me deviled egg recipe to try before I made them for Easter.  We're having lamb so I thought these Greek deviled eggs would be a wonderful accompaniment. 

For years, I subscribed to Food Network magazine.  Every month they had these little recipe books of 50 different variations to popular foods.  I found the recipe in this one.


Boil 6 large eggs.  When peeled and cooled cut in half and place the yolks in a small bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the following ingredients...

1/2 Cup of Greek yogurt
1 Tablespoon finely diced pickles (I used dill)
2 tsp. chopped dill
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Dash of favorite hot sauce
Season with salt and pepper to taste

Mix the above ingredients and then combine with mashed egg yolks.  Spoon or pipe into egg halves.

These were very delicious.  I've been replacing a lot of mayo and sour cream with Greek yogurt, so this recipe was perfect.  They are going to be delicious with the lamb on Sunday.  

15 comments:

  1. Yes! My daughter dyed eggs yesterday, so this morning I had egg salad on toast, using plain Greek yogurt. It truly is delicious that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have a bit of Duke's and sour cream to use up but after it's gone I'm going Greek yogurt for everything. It's so good and so much healthier. Egg salad on toast sounds yummy!!

      Delete
  2. Sounds really good except for the hot sauce....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a splash, so it gave flavor but wasn't hot at all.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They were Cheryl. I'm looking forward to them again Sunday.

      Delete
  4. I love the adventures of you trying a new recipe each week. That's very, very cool. Love when I hear folks are in the kitchen playing and trying new things. Cheers and boogie boogie, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun playing in the kitchen and I'm having fun trying some of the recipes I've been wanting to make.

      Delete
  5. yes yes yes I have never found a deviled egg I didn't like. emphasis on 'devil' heat or on specialness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love deviled eggs. I didn't know if I would like the yogurt vs. mayo but I really did.

      Delete
  6. That sounds really good, even first thing in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never eaten a deviled egg. These look good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should try them, they are tasty.

    ReplyDelete