Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind:  I had a hard time adjusting to this last time change.  When you have to get up at 4:45 am it's brutal.  Last Sunday I didn't go anywhere so when I got in my Jeep to go to work Monday morning the clock said 4:30 am and it just added salt to the wound.  A few situations came up at work and I had to remind Administration that no I would not talk to the doctors about this as I am not clinical.  Fingers crossed, the Medical Director position will be filled, and he will be starting April 1st.  That will make a huge difference in my stress level at work.  

Where I've been:  I worked all week. Saturday, we took a short road trip to Fairview Heights.  We stopped at the pet store to pick up a new toy for Binx.  He still has SO much energy it's hard to find ways to wear him out.  Then we went to Fresh Market Thyme and picked up some fruits and veggies and a few other items.  They had Florida strawberries which are the only ones I'll buy from a store, and they are delicious.  I actually hit a nice sale at Macy's and found three new pair of pants that I love.  Then we had a nice lunch and stopped by Behrmann's for a few items on the way home.  They have really expanded their retail area.

Where I'm going:  Tuesday thru Friday I'll be working.  Wednesday evening I'm meeting two of my friends for our monthly dinner.  We're going to our favorite Mexican restaurant for the last time since they will be closing at the end of the month.  They said between the rise in costs for the building, wages for employees, food costs and people just not eating out as much, they have to close. I always hate to see a family run business have to close their business.

What I'm watching:  MasterChef Junior, Beat Bobby Flay and some old Gilmore Girls episodes.  I like to listen to TV while I cook.  

What I'm reading:  Nothing this week.

What I'm eating:  
LO lamb meatballs, with veggies wrapped in a Naan with a delicious avocado sauce.
BIG salad x2
Chicken legs, potatoes and salad



Spicy Chicago Chicken sausage, pesto pasta and a small salad
Cheeseburger (with local Farmers Cheese) SO good and 'fries'
Last night we were still pretty full from a big lunch so I made TBG a salad and heated the rest of his meat from lunch.  I couldn't eat a thing.
I still haven't figured out dinner tonight, but it will involve chicken and fried asparagus.

While at Behrmann's I found beef bacon.  I've never tried it before so I'm thinking I'll cook one slice today or tomorrow and try it to get an idea of how to use it.  



Who needs a good slap:  Me!!  I accidentally deleted all of the photos on my phone from last year and this year.  I give myself two slaps.  Some had been downloaded but many had not.

What I'm planning:  I actually have kept up with my new recipe challenge, but I haven't had time to post them. Since I'm off tomorrow I hope to post week 7, 8 and 9 all in one post so I will be caught up.  Unfortunately, the photos I took of them are all gone.  

What is making me smile:  My friend Ann from Ann's Snap Edit Scrap (annssnapeditscrap.blogspot.com) sends me happy mail all the time.  It always feels like a hug when I open the mailbox and find a card from her.  It always brings a smile.
This is the one I received for St. Patrick's Day.




I hope everyone is safe and doing well.  We had a pretty bad line of storms pass through here on Tuesday evening.  There was a brief tornado that hit about 8 miles from our house and destroyed the building that TBG used to work in.  This is the main reason Spring and Summer are not my favorite seasons.  

Have a wonderful Week!!!

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for a reminder - I haven't changed the Blazer clock yet! I was even out one day.
    Your meals sound tasty. I have never heard of beef bacon - let us know!
    Oh no on the pictures - that is awful. So glad I don't have a phone that does pics - that is my fear. Glad you are safe from the storms - they sure were terrible.
    Look forward to your 'new' recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, this year I changed the clock quickly. Other years, not so much. lol Thunderstorms and tornados scare me a bit. We had high winds and very heavy rain at our house but never lost power. The tornado that hit was a bit too close for comfort for me. I had never heard of beef bacon either but I'm excited to try it. I will be sure and let you know.

      Delete
  2. This year I don't think I did as bad as I did last year with the time change. I did take that Sunday off so that helped with not losing that hour sleep. I still haven't fixed the clock in my car.
    So glad you are enjoying the cards. I have so much fun making them and it lifts my spirits to send them out every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were very smart to take that day off. I may start taking the Monday after off too. I am notorious for not changing the clock in the Jeep but managed to do it this year. I LOVE getting your cards in the mail. After a long day seeing one is like a hug.

      Delete
  3. Bummer about the photos. I try to download and backup the phone and laptop each Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beef bacon sounds interesting (not that we eat bacon anymore). Is the time change due to daylight saving? Oh no that's a bit sad about deleting your photos. I have 36K+ on my phone!!! I must delete some :) Hope your work sorts itself out soon. Happy St Paddy's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not seen or heard of beef bacon until Saturday. With a quick google search I see that it's pretty popular. Thank you. Having a Medical Director will really ease the burden on me.

      Delete
    2. Yes, last weekend we lost one hour due to the DST change. It was brutal.

      Delete
  5. It's sad to hear of a good restaurant closing isn't it but so many of the smaller places are getting squeezed out! And I'm sorry you lost your photos. Here's hoping you can get most of them back from the Cloud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always sad to hear when a local, family run business goes under. I'm going to work on looking for the photos today. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  6. That is so scary about the tornado. I’m so glad you were not in the line of destruction. Ohio had some hard hit areas, too.

    That is such a bummer on the photos, but probably easy to have happen. I’m surprised the restaurant said fewer people are eating out. We’ve noticed the opposite here. Since Covid, it’s hard to even get a reservation at a lot of places. Everywhere is packed when we go out on Friday nights. Maybe it’s just the weekend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw photos of the damage in Ohio. I'm glad you are safe. This time of year the storms really scare me. I had downloaded some of the photos to my laptop but not all. This is the first time I've done that and I was kind of in shock. lol The restaurants around here seem busy too. I think it has a lot to do with the fact we have 4 other good Mexican restaurants in the area all competing for business.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you deleted those old pictures. I still have many with Terri and Torrie on my phone, and I'd probably lose it if I deleted those by accident.

    I'm also glad you're safe. We had a tornado warning in my old 'hood not long ago. I kept having this mental image of trailers being tossed into the air, and thankfully nothing happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Be careful and maybe download those to your computer. It's a bad feeling when you realize the photos are gone.
      I really don't like Spring for this very reason. We live in tornado alley, and they scare me. Glad nothing happened there. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  8. Like you, my body does not adapt to the time change easily, and it still wants to return to CST. By next week I should be easing into it but it is never easy for me. Especially since I tell time by the daylight and right now looking out my window it appears to be mid morning when it is legally 11:30.
    I am sorry for you that you lost your photos.
    Tornados are something I am used to and they do not really scare me, unless they are extremely close to my neighborhood. Unfortunately our warnings are county wide and we live in a geographically large county.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been a fan of the clock going forward in the Spring but I don't remember it bothering me as much as it did this time. I was tired and off all week. Tornadoes do scare me. We have a tornado/thunderstorm warning siren less than a mile from us and every time it goes off, I freak out a little.

      Delete
  9. Lori you need less stress at work! Not telling you anything you don't already know, but good for you, standing up for yourself! That bacon makes my mouth water! I hate daylight savings time with the heat of a thousand suns. I despise the early dark and wish that "they" (whoever they are) would just leave it as-is for the whole year! But I don't have to get up early so I really feel for you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully now I will have less stress at work. It's been too stressful for too long. Our state voted to stop the time changes in 2019 but so far we're still doing it and I hate it.

      Delete