Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2024

My Weekly W's

What's top of my mind: Friday I was given the green light to announce to the group that April 1 we will have a Medical Director.  To say I am happy is an understatement.  This will make my life SO much easier than it has been for the last 5 months.  I'm really looking forward to a bit of normalcy in my work life again.

Where I've been: I was supposed to meet my friends for dinner one night but that was postponed to this week.  It was a a nice week between work and home with no appointments, commitments or shopping.  I love a slow-paced week.

Where I'm going:  Dinner out on Thursday with my friends.  Monday thru Thursday work.  So far, nothing else planned.  

What I'm watching: Spring Baking Champion has some very talented bakers this year that we've really enjoyed watching.  So many of their desserts are stunning and according to the judges delicious.  Why couldn't I have had a job like that?  One night while cooking I watched The Holiday again.  I have no idea how many times I've watched that W.  I just love it.

What I'm reading:  I read The Four Agreements for probably the fourth time.  I just really love the message of that book and find it a good reminder to stay centered through this crazy world we are living in.

What I'm eating:

Beef chili and jalapeno, cheddar cornbread.
Chicken Fajita, rice and cheese rolls up.
BIG salad x2
Cod, sweet potato fries and asparagus.
Steak for me, garlic butter shrimp for TBG with baked potatoes and salad.
Beef bacon pizza.  Last week we found beef bacon at the butcher shop we go to.  I cooked four pieces in the oven to use on a pizza I was making.  The beef bacon has quite a bit less fat than pork and is not as salty. It is also about twice the size even after cooked.  It's absolutely delicious.  TBG said it's the only bacon he wants to eat now.  Honestly, I can't wait to make a BLT with it this summer.  The pizza had the beef bacon, green peppers, red onion and sliced portabella mushrooms.  It was delicious!! 





Who needs a good slap:  Whoever is responsible for the terrorist attack in Moscow.  My heart goes out to all of the victims' families.  It's just mindboggling to me how anyone could do something like this.  The world is a wonderful place, but it also has a lot of evil lurking.  

What makes me smile:  Finally my body and mind has adjusted to the time change.  It really did a number on me this year and I'm not sure why.  Going to bed early and sneaking in a few naps finally did the trick.

I hope everyone is safe and healthy.  Enjoy your Sunday!!





25 comments:

  1. How have I never heard of beef bacon? I will have to try it if I ever see it! I’m glad your job will be made easier by having a new director. Have a fun night out with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Until last Saturday I had never seen or heard of it either. It's amazing how much less fat it has. It was really good. Thank you, we always have such a nice time when we meet for dinner.

      Delete
  2. Nice pizza. When daughter can eat regularly again, I'll make a nice big one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you aren't making the announcement about a Medical director on April 1st. Everyone would think it was an April Fools joke :)
    Before you posted about it, I had no idea there was such a thing as beef bacon. Sounds good and that pizza looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny when I said April 1 a couple of them looked at my like is this a joke. lol I had never heard of beef bacon either but it is really good. Have a good week Ann!!

      Delete
  4. So happy to hear about the replacement at work! Slow pace is the way to go in my book!
    Glad to hear that the beef bacon is a hit. I will have to look for that.
    Have a fun dinner out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl. The Medical Director should make my life so much easier. The beef bacon was a big hit. I highly recommend it. So much less fat and sodium and so tasty.

      Delete
  5. That beef bacon looks delicious, and so does that pizza. I hope you have fun during that dinner and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they both were really good. I'm looking forward to an hour or so with my friends at our favorite Mexican place. Wishing you a nice week as well.

      Delete
  6. Good grief Lori, that pizza! I suspect you may be a genius in the kitchen. Beef bacon -- how intriguing! Good news about your work situation. best of luck with that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! It took a few years to master pizza but I think I've finally done it. I'm really hoping things will be much easier now.

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you'll have a new director in April. I'm sure that will make the world of difference to you. And I agree with Jenny about that pizza - my goodness, that looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a long 6 months without a Medical Director and I am thrilled we now will have one. Thank you, the pizza was very tasty.

      Delete
  8. Ugh! The time change! Coincidentally, I had a much easier time of it this year. I've been assuming its thanks for the microchip that Bill Gates planted in the covid vaccine, because I've noticed that I can move my mouse with my mind now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had it bother me as badly as it did this year. Lucky you. I didn't get any super powers from my vaccine.

      Delete
  9. Gosh all that food sounds and looks delicious! Truthfully I've never heard of beef bacon but would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette. I hadn't heard of it either but now that we've tried it, I'm hooked.

      Delete
  10. What a relief for you to finally have a medical director!! I tried to read The Four Agreements but never quite go into it. Maybe I'm in a better Frame of mind for it now. I'll try again. The attack in Moscow was terrible. So senseless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judee, I am so excited to finally have a Medical Director for the group. Big weight off my shoulders. I have to say that the first chapter of the book is my least favorite. Once it gets into the actual four agreements I enjoy it. There is just so much going on all over the world it is heartbreaking.

      Delete
  11. We're groving on two shows, Spring Baking and The Great British Throw Down. Such a fun pottery show. We really enjoy both shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love both of those shows. So fun to watch.

      Delete
    2. My bad, Pottery Thrown Down. Yes, us too. They are fun to watch. And we go back and forth between. Though before this year, with the baking, I only watched the Halloween and the Holiday Championships. This morning before coming to Barnes, we started the Summer Baking Championship. So fun. Love, love, love it.

      Delete
  12. We in AZ have no stinkin DST to adjust to thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping someday soon we will no longer have it but I'm not holding my breath. It is brutal on your system.

      Delete