Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2021

My Week

 It is still a winter wonderland outside but the temps finally went above freezing yesterday and will be for the foreseeable future.

Meals this week were: ( because of the cold, a little heavy on the comfort food)

Monday- Beef Stroganoff


Tuesday-Lamb burger and oven fries
Wednesday-Brunswick Stew Just the smell of this stew brings back good memories.


Thursday- Spicy rice, chicken thigh and stir fried veggies with a green onion cheese egg roll wrap.

Friday- Bacon cheese burger, oven fries



Saturday Pasta bake, dandelion leaf and radish salad, bread



The big guy sent me a recipe.  When I asked him if it was something he wanted me to make he said he thought maybe we could make it together.  So yesterday afternoon we made a Hawaiian Pineapple Cake.  I actually was just a sous chef, he made the cake.  It is amazing. I can see making this often, though I will probably half the recipe for the two of us.

Cake:

2 Cups flour
2 Cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple ( undrained )
1 Cup chopped nuts (we used walnuts)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.  Pour into 9x13 inch greased pan and bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.  

Frosting:

1 stick of butter ( room temperature )
8 oz cream cheese ( room temperature )
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Cup confectioners sugar
coconut and chopped nuts for garnish



What did you enjoy this week?




8 comments:

  1. My week wasn't so good, but this afternoon I attempted corn dog balls with the takoyaki plate again. This time, I had no problems sealing them (a bamboo skewer and a small silicone spatula works wonders) but I made a minor mistake while cooking them.

    I did two batches of six, and during the second batch an Amazon delivery arrived. Those extra 30 seconds getting it from the porch made one batch look a little more cooked than the other. They tasted great once I drizzled mustard and ketchup on them like I do regular takoyaki with Okonomi sauce and Japanese mayo.

    I just need a good nap this afternoon and I hopefully will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad they still tasted good. That is what really matters. Hope this is a better week for you.

      Delete
  2. I am up to my ears in stroganoff recipes, each claiming to be better than the others.
    I recently read there is no need to boil pasta prior to a pasta bake. Rather you let the noodles soak in warm water x 15 minutes and then use them in your dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the recipe I have. We don't have it often because it is not a favorite of the big guys. My mom always made it for my dad and I when I was a kid and I crave it once or twice a year.

      Delete
  3. Your meals all look and sound delicious! The cake looks really yummy too. Have a great week Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. You have a great week as well!!

      Delete
  4. Yum we used to call that hummingbird cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where he got the recipe but it was titled Hawaiian Pineapple cake. I've heard of hummingbird cake. I'm not much of a sweet eater but it is good.

      Delete