Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Random Thoughts on a Thursday

Well, I had good intentions of posting on Tuesday but didn't make it.  I will give the routine a few weeks, I'm sure it will easily become habit.

Like most of the US, it is brutally cold here in Southern Illinois.  Monday and Tuesday we had about 3 inches total of snow.  Wednesday, we had about a 10th of an inch of ice/snow/slush mixture.  We are not supposed to have a high above freezing for the next 9 days so none of it is going anywhere any time soon.  Plus next Monday and Tuesday we are supposed to get more snow.  It's too far off to predict how much.

I took this from my office window on Wednesday.


I am taking tomorrow off so I can enjoy a long three day weekend.  It's supposed to be single digits here so I figured it is a really good time to be home.  My plans are to watch part of a new Netflix series, Firefly Lane, which is based on my favorite authors book and she is a producer on the series.  I'm hoping it will not be a disappointment.  I also have her latest novel sitting on my bench ready for me to start.  Saturday I will be making Valentines Day cookies.  Some we will keep, the others I will take to work on Monday.  Then I'm planning on making a solid dent in my spring cleaning.  Surely with three days I can accomplish some of it. 

I haven't quite figured out what we are having for dinner but whatever it is will involve pickled jalapenos.  I pulled out a few peppers from the summer out of the freezer.  Add vinegar ( I used apple cider vinegar) and pickling spice and salt.  Just that easy.



What is going on in your world?  Stay safe!





7 comments:

  1. Please post a picture of your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some terrible news on my end. I'll post about it in a bit. It's bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would freeze to death in that kind of weather! I'm glad you took today off. Have fun baking and spring cleaning. Of course we want to see a photo of your Valentine's cookies. Have a great three day weekend and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a picture when I make them. Enjoy your weekend as well. It is 12 this morning so glad I don't have to leave the hose.

      Delete
  4. Last summer I did a set of pickles, the jalapeños were my favorite.
    You remind me to get some and make me another batch.

    ReplyDelete