Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Winter Wonderland

 Happy Tuesday!  There was about 3 inches of snow when I went in to work at 6 am yesterday.  It was slick and cold but manageable.  By 10 am the snow was really coming down so I packed up enough projects to keep me busy at home for a couple days and headed out.

This picture is of me leaving the hospital.  At the very end of this road, less than 1/4 of a mile away, is a large water park.  You can't see anything because of the blowing heavy snow.  I'm so glad I have a 4 wheel drive Jeep!


By 1 pm it was really coming down.  Big, dry snowflakes and a lot of wind.  This is from our front porch.  You can barely see the road.


I roasted a bone in turkey breast Sunday night for dinner so Monday night I loaded the crock pot to make stock.  Yes Brunswick Stew is getting made tonight for dinner.


This morning I logged in around 6 am.  About 20 minutes later I noticed how light it was out.  I'm glad I didn't miss this. Our backyard faces East. The picture doesn't even come close to as beautiful as it was.




We have over a foot of snow in our driveway with a drift off to one side that is probably 4 or 5 feet deep. We haven't had a day above freezing since February 6.  It's 0 right now with a high of 12 so this is not going anywhere anytime soon.  PLUS...2-4 inches are predicted for tomorrow.  We don't get snow like this very often so I'm really enjoying it.  I am really hoping the neighbor kid comes today and asks to shovel our driveway.  

Edit:  Its 2pm and we finally got the lawn guy to come and blow our driveway.  Over a foot deep with two feet at the end of the drive where the street plow went by.  Best 50 bucks I ever spent.

How's the weather in your neighborhood?

7 comments:

  1. So cold and so much snow. The sunrise photo is gorgeous! Brunswick Stew sound perfect for that kind of weather. Bundle up and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't gone out since yesterday morning. The power went out this morning but only for about 3-4 minutes so we are nice and cozy in the house. Enjoy your 80 degree weather.

      Delete
  2. It is so bitterly cold over much of the country right now, I'm grateful for these days of not having to drive the roads.
    Your Brunswick Stew sounds delicious, I have never made one in all my years...I feel I am missing out.
    Do stay well and safe dear one.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. It is snowing again this morning but after today we are supposed to slowly warm up. The Brunswick Stew was so good. Just the smell of it brings back good memories for me. Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. Please don't hate me. At one point today it was 81 degrees. Mostly it's under 60 degrees during the day, but we're getting warmer weather next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't hate you. I lived in SW Florida for a long time and I actually enjoy the four seasons now. It's cold but it is pretty. No need to tell you Stay warm. lol

      Delete
  4. OHHHHH I SOOOOO agree!!!!!

    Give me the 4 Seasons!!!!!!

    Don't know how I could live, without them. Not happily, for sure. -smile-

    🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸

    ReplyDelete