Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2021

My Week

I am so happy to live in the area we do. We have access to some of the best meat and produce around.  There is a large community of farmers producing amazing products and a number of small shops selling these items. It is so important to me to know where my food is coming from.  The quality of your food is what makes amazing meals.  It doesn't have to be fancy or trendy, just good wholesome and fresh ingredients.  The only thing I miss is the fresh fish I could get in Florida. You can find local catfish which is great but that is about the only one. Nothing against Indonesia but I want my food sourced closer to home. Luckily a few years ago I tried Sea to Table and we love it.  They tell you exactly when and where your fish was caught and it is shipped in dry ice right to your door.   

This week I finally found some good vanilla beans that I didn't have to spend a huge amount of money to buy.  The price has really gone up over the last few years with the weather conditions wiping out so many vanilla bean producers.  I bought a 10 pack from Native Vanilla so now I will have two more jars of vanilla in a few months. I make a batch about every 2 or 3 years.  Vanilla beans and a medium quality Vodka make the best vanilla extract. In 3-6 months the beans will release their deliciousness and turn this a beautiful dark brown.


Dinner this week...

Monday-Chicken and Rice


Tuesday-Coho Salmon, potatoes, green beans


Wednesday-Bacon wrapped meatloaf, pureed parsnips and asparagus (Shown in previous post)

Thursday-First grilling of the season!  Chicken kabobs, black beans



Friday-Chili, cheese wonton cups


Saturday-Home made beef and cheese Ravioli, salad



How was your week?

13 comments:

  1. Oh yum, what a delicious week Lori! It's a great idea to show photos of your meals each day, I love it. I hope you have a relaxing Sunday and a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. Your menu for the week looks delicious as well. I hope you have a great week also!

      Delete
  2. Alas where I live is not good for seafood, but it has lovely vegetables all year round.
    I tried a chili and a salmon in foil recipes today - OK/second round will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds delicious. I could live on good vegetables.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'd love to have some of those meals. I agree about the fresh ingredients. It doesn't matter where you get them as long as they're good to work with.

    I made coconut shrimp for dinner tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fantasizing about it all week now. It was that good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut shrimp sounds so good. I haven't had that in awhile. Isn't if funny how a good meal can leave you so happy?

      Delete
  4. Your food always looks so delicious.I have never made ravioli, but I make pasta all the time. I just mite try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. If you make pasta, ravioli will be easy.

      Delete
  5. *Drool*
    All of your meals look amazing, so colorful and appetizing, almost too pretty a presentation to eat ;)
    Yes, I'd agree that fresh produce makes a world of difference.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo. I try to make my food look good but taste is what really matters the most. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Just wanted to say, that I saw your comment, over on "Cheryl's Frugal Corner", and I agree with you. This Cancel Culture has to be ignored. It is weird, and hell-bent on total domination of us. Canceling Dr. Seuss is just the latest, in a grand total of unthinkable horrors.

    Thank you for allowing me to say this.

    🌸 🌷 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  7. With so much food abundance around you, it sounds like somewhere in the Heartland of our Beloved Country. -smile-

    We languish in NYS. Need I say more? NO. I expect your pity will be forthcoming. -sighhhhhhhhh-

    🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸🎀🌸

    ReplyDelete