Pages

Friday, May 28, 2021

Chicken Parmesan

Kim at http://outmywindowtoday.blogspot.com/ asked for my Chicken Parmesan recipe so I'm adding it here.

I made this a couple of weeks ago and I can't tell you the last time before that. I'm not sure why because it is delicious. It will be going in a more regular rotation.  Especially this winter when I'm craving comfort food. I have this written in my recipe notebook and I'm not sure where the recipe originally came from.

 I usually half this recipe for the big guy and I because this easily could be 4-6 servings.

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast split or pounded thin

2 cups all purpose flour, seasoned with salt and pepper

4 large eggs, beaten with 2 tablespoons of water

2 cups Panko bread crumbs (or your personal choice)

1 cup olive oil

Red sauce of your choice either jar or homemade

1 pound fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced

1/4 Cup fresh grated Parmesan

Fresh basil or parsley, for garnish

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, Dredge each breast in the flour and tap off excess, then dip in the egg and let excess drip off.  Finally, dredge on both sides in the bread crumbs.

3. Over medium high heat add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides.  About 2 or 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet and top each breast with some of the tomato sauce, a few slices of the mozzarella and a tablespoon of the Parmesan. Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted, about 5 to 7 minutes.  Remove from the oven and garnish with basil or parsley.

I serve over pasta noodles but they are not necessary.




8 comments:

  1. Yummmmmmmm....

    Gentle hugs...
    😊 🔔 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum is right! I can't believe it's been years since I've made it.

      Delete
  2. I make mine the exact same way. Have a great weekend Lori! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike. Wishing you a fabulous weekend Martha!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful, I see that you really fry it in more oil than I do and that is the secret to the crispy and then don't cook it as long. Can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it! Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. My soul swoons.
    This is one of my favorite dishes. It is often made badly in restaurants.
    It must be served with noodles though; it is the law.

    ReplyDelete