Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2021

My Week

 Good Morning!  This past week has been a busy one.  Last Saturday I spent all day cleaning and doing house projects from my very long list.  It felt good to be so productive.  I finally got the big guys Cubbie repainted and hung back up in the tree.


Sunday we spent most of the morning outside working on the yard and gardens. I have a ton of Thai Basil, Genovese Basil and Greek Oregano coming up.  Our very large Rosemary plant made it through the winter and is getting planted in the ground today.  All of my perennial flowers are coming back and looking wonderful.  I can't believe how much they grow each year. I'm keeping the garden simple this year.  We have a number of pepper plants, arugula, lettuce and more herbs.  We have a wonderful farmers market so I will buy our tomatoes and other fruits and veggies there.  Some of the sunflowers are blooming.  In this picture there was actually a yellow finch on one.


Wednesday I had my first haircut in over a year.  I had 5 inches cut off and it felt so good to have someone do my hair.

Friday my doctors surprised me with a wonderful lunch for my birthday.  One of their wives made us an Indian feast.  Everything was delicious, especially the butter chicken and curry rice.  They were quite sneaky in planning the entire thing and getting me there.  One of my gifts was a dozen roses.  They are gorgeous and smell heavenly.


Meals this week were classic favorites, nothing new.

Monday-Skillet Chicken Shawarma and Naan (I really love this)


Tuesday-Beef sausage, veg and potatoes


Wednesday-Spicy chicken, pinto beans and rice


Thursday-Chicken Parm (It has been a VERY long time since I made this and it was so good)


Friday- Eggs and toast ( I was so full from lunch we kept it light)

Saturday- Meat loaf, potatoes and corn ( we found Florida non GMO corn for 25 cents a piece so we bought the limit of 12 )


Today I plan to work outside a little more and do some work inside as well.  I'm grilling ribs and steak for dinner.  I'm not sure what sides yet.  I took tomorrow off from work so it feels good knowing I don't have to deal with a Monday at work.

How is your Spring going?  

14 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday wishes! Sounds like a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My birthday is actually Tuesday. They will be off that day so celebrated it with me early.

      Delete
    2. Happy Birthday! I hope your day is filled with love and laughter and good memories.

      Delete
  2. Glad you've had a good and productive week. Happy Birthday Lori!! Your birthday luncheon sounds delicious and that was so nice of them to plan a little surprise for you. All of your meals look and sound delicious as always. Have a fantastic Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Martha! My birthday is actually Tuesday. They celebrated it early because they will not be there then. Apparently they had it planned for Monday but then I said I was taking Monday off. It was nice to get a lot done that has needed taken care of. Hope you also have a fantastic Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to get your chicken parm recipe! Everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to share. It was so good.

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday! Sorry I was offline the last few days for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. It's actually tomorrow. I hope the move is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First belated Happy Birthday!

    What an adorable tree "face"!!!!

    And how lovely to have a surprise Birthday gathering.

    🌷🌺🎀🌺🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My actual Birthday is tomorrow. It was a very nice surprise.

      Delete
  8. I will be thinking of you this weekend as every Memorial Day I make a lot of dishes. (nothing else to do!) most of this is not 'gourmet' stuff.
    Every year I make myself a treat of a proper-no-rubbish macaroni salad. I am thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring on the macaroni salad, potato salad, coleslaw. The simple sides are the best.

    ReplyDelete