Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2021

My Week

 Happy Mothers Day!

My work schedule is 6 am to 2:30 pm and even though it is hard to get up sometimes, it is nice to have the late afternoon and evening off.  I was able to finish a couple more projects this week and yesterday we spent half the day outside planting and cleaning up.  Good thing we did outside projects yesterday because I woke up today to thunder and it is supposed to rain on and off all day.

I ordered the book Open Blind Eyes and it arrived yesterday. This is the story of a local woman who was only nine years old when she was first approached by a perpetrator who was known to her as a teacher and coach.  She goes into detail of the process of being groomed and how the evil of what was happening to her in the dark remained unseen by everyone around her.  She describes how she coped for many years by blocking out the memories only to have them resurface when she was an adult with a family of her own. This happened in the town that I live in and all of the people in the book still live here so this has been a hot topic in the area.  I don't know any of the people involved but as difficult as the book will be to read I think this woman deserves for people to hear her story.

This weeks menu:

Monday- Chicken, peppers and mashed potatoes.  I cooked this in a butter and garlic pan sauce and then let it finish in the oven.  It was so good.


Tuesday-Chili and cream cheese, jalapeno jelly wonton wraps.


Wednesday- Beef nachos, salsa and queso dip.

Thursday- Veggie and cheese omelet, bacon and toast.

Friday-Pizza

Saturday-Stuffed shells and salad.



Well, I'm off to start my day.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to spend time outdoors yesterday. A nice rainy day sounds like a good day to start the book - it sounds intense, especially since it's from your area. Your meals all look delicious as always! I hope you have a beautiful day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started the book this morning. Intense is a good way to describe it. Enjoy your day too Martha.

      Delete
  2. I love these dishes! I also love waking up to thunderstorms. It rarely happens where I live; thunderstorms are less common in the morning here. Of course, it's awful when it hampers your plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It seems we get just as many overnight early morning thunderstorms as we do afternoon and evening. Southern Illinois weather is very unpredictable.

      Delete
  3. I love the meals, and the stuffed shells looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to spend some time outside but sadly our days are filled with rain and much cooler.
    The book sounds fascinating, I was a victim of the same kind of manipulation so it resonates with me. Your weekly menus make my mouth water !
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cooler than normal here too but still nice. I'm sorry you experienced that kind of manipulation Jo. It's a very disturbing book but I feel she deserves to finally be heard so I will finish it.

      Delete
  5. I hope by the time I read this (for I am tardy) your week has started well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so far so good. I hope you enjoyed your get away.

      Delete