Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2022

My Weekly W's on the first Sunday of 2022

Here we are already, about to enter the first full week of 2022.  I'm optimistically cautious after the shitstorm of the last two years. But I'm well rested and ready to give it my all. My motto this year...


This hangs in my home office and yes, I am a Gillmore Girl fan.

What's top of my mind: The goals, plans and projects that I have set for 2022 are still on the top of my mind. I really am going to strive to check all of the boxes this year while still maintaining my work/life balance and reminding myself to be present in the moment.

Where I've been: Monday it was unseasonably warm so we went to Yellen Hellen's for their amazing chicken salad sandwiches and milkshakes.  It was hard to believe we were able to eat outside on December 27th.  The cold is making its appearance this week though. Other than that, I have been at home enjoying the season.

Where I'm going: Tomorrow I return to work after my 10 day vacation.  I can't even imagine how I'm going to dig my way out of this but I'll make it somehow. 

What I'm watching:  After the Christmas movie marathon of December I really haven't watched much TV.

What I'm reading: The latest two issues of Mary Jane's Farm magazine

What I'm listening to:  I'm striving for quieter times, so haven't really listened to much of anything.

What I'm eating: This week's dinners were...

Chili and oyster crackers
Egg rolls and rice
Left over pasta and garlic knots
BIG salad
Beef taquitos, salsa, chips and queso...SO good!
Coho salmon, rosemary potatoes and asparagus
Tonight I'm roasting a chicken, mashed potatoes and salad




Who needs a good slap:  I can't think of anyone at the moment.

What I'm planning: We need to go to the grocery store on Saturday but other than that just work and home projects are on the list.  I still plan to hibernate as much as I can through January.  Maybe even February.  The longer days will be here soon enough.

What's making me smile: This amazing candle that I received for Christmas.  Soy based, burns cleanly and smells amazing!!  I will be buying more of these Benevolence Los Angeles candles for myself and as gifts.


I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday and that the first full week of the new year is a good one!

Stay safe!!

14 comments:

  1. I too, am cautiously optimistic about 2022. Simply because I think/hope, the majority of our Country-men-women have finally seen The Truth. About China-Covid. That the whole world will have to learn to live (and die) with it. As there is no fail-safe plan to finish it.

    After 2 years of this, only the *brain dead* can continue to believe what we are being continuously *told*. It's time for individual decisions.

    Love your over all plans. Hibernate view, in deep winter. Continue to eat well. Find time for exercise.

    Best wishes to all, in our Plan for a Healthier Lifestyle!

    Merry Midwinter Wishes
    Hugs
    😊💗😊💗😊💗😊💗😊💗😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Midwinter Wishes to you as well!!
    Mental health, eating well, rest and relaxation are all top of my list as always. It's all about balance.
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your words about hibernating through these next two months! I plan on the same. Those long, hot summer days will indeed be here before we know it, and when they arrive, I will be ready. But for now, I am ready for cozy days and nights by the fire with my throw and my family. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to find others that enjoy the same thing. I love summer but I love hibernating and slowing way down in the winter just as much. Maybe a little more.
      Happy New Year to you as well!!

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you enjoyed yourself during your time off. I agree that taking care of ourselves is how we're going to survive a third year of this garbage.

    I did everything but die last year, so I'm certain 2022 will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did enjoy the time off. Now I'm back to workl

      Delete
  5. stay safe and a good year to you too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no one in the slap column? That is my favorite part:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was on hold out of holiday spirit. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the Gilmore Girls. My favorite character in that show was Emily, but Lorelai and Rory were pretty great too. I think AOC needs a good slap. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily was my favorite character too along with Lane. Oh don't get me started on political figures. I really would like to slap them ALL!!

      Delete