Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2022

Moroccan Lamb Meatballs

I wrote this recipe down to try it over a year ago and I do not remember where I found it so I can't give credit where credit is due.  I finally made it on Saturday and this is a keeper. I served with Naan and it was a delicious meal. 

If you do not enjoy lamb, I think ground chicken or turkey would also work well.

Meatballs:

1 pound ground lamb
1 grated onion with the juice
1/2 Cup Panko or breadcrumbs
1 Egg
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 tsp. cumin, coriander, paprika
1/2 tsp. cinnamon, cayenne, salt
1/4 Cup cilantro, leaves and stems finely chopped
1 Tbs. olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Let sit in refrigerator for about an hour if you have time to bring out even more flavor.
Bake in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes or Airfry at 350 for 15-20 minutes. Turning once half way through.
This time I baked them in the oven.

Sauce:
1 Cup plain Greek yogurt
2 cloves of garlic, diced (or use 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder)
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate until using.

Curry rice:

1 1/2 Cup Basmati rice
2 1/4 Cup chicken or veggie stock
2 carrots, grated
1 Cup peas
3 cloves of garlic, diced
2 tsp. ginger, diced
1 small onion, diced
3 tsp. curry
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. corianter
1/2 tsp. cayenne

Rinse the rice well, drain
Add all ingredients and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat.  Cover and turn to low for 5 minutes and then take off the heat and let it rest, covered for 10 minutes.

14 comments:

  1. I am going to try that rice recipe it sounds great. Laamb not so much. Not a lamb lover here. Too many sheep farms and I think lamb tastes like it smells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny about the lamb. I enjoy it more than beef. I grew up around sheep so maybe I'm just used to it. lol

      Delete
  2. It does look good! I didn't know they made ground lamb, lol. We haven't had too much lamb here :) I think I would try it with ground turkey! Thanks Lori for the recipe! Have a good weekend ahead!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamb is pretty popular here. Turkey would be a good choice.
      I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

      Delete
  3. I tried lamb once a long time ago, but I didn't think it was anything special. For some reason, I never had it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's like cilantro...you either love it or you don't.
      I've been reading your posts but haven't been able to comment on wordpress. I hope to get it figured out this weekend.
      Take care!!

      Delete
  4. Don't care for lamb but as you said, substitutions can be made.

    Gave Panko. Have not used it yet. -sigh-

    ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, substitutions would be good as well. Hope you're having a good week.

      Delete
  5. My husband loves lamb and Moroccan food. This recipe would be a winner with him! Wonderful spices too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds absolutely delicious! Lamb is to me what beef is to Americans. I grew up eating more lamb than beef. I just need to find a butcher that sells good lamb. The rice recipe sounds a lot like my curry recipe (I grew up eating lots of indian & middle eastern food). I'm definitely gonna try this. Thank you Lori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm American but I prefer lamb over beef myself. We are very lucky to be able to get grassfed lamb here. I'm sure you'll be able to find it.
      I hope you try it and enjoy!!

      Delete
  7. My butcher says they are fresh out of lambs from morocco so I had to use another type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha...I don't know why so many think lamb is Baaaaaad.

      Delete