Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2022

My Weekly W's

 Good Morning and Happy Sunday!

What's top of my mind:  The garden and the local produce.  It's getting that time of year that I'm pulling something out of the garden daily.  The tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, peppers and herbs are all doing very well.  The squirrels didn't eat all of the arugula like I originally thought.  We've been eating it for a week or two and I actually had enough to make arugula pesto yesterday.  I love that in winter soups, pasta dishes and on pizza so I'm happy.  I'll probably get more this fall also.  I also dehydrated all of the dill yesterday.  Next on the list is oregano.  The basil is going crazy and I'll be making pesto out of it soon.  But first I must make a tomato, basil, motz. pizza.  My favorite. The blueberries and cherry tomatoes are from a friend and so good.



Where I've been:  This week I didn't go anywhere except for a quick trip to the store for milk and bananas and a stop at the farmers market for a couple of large jars of honey.  I try to keep local honey in stock at all times. I use it in place of sugar in a lot of things.

Where I'm going:  Tomorrow Binx has his first visit to the vet.  He had all of his shots and was microchipped when we picked him up but he didn't weigh enough for the rabies shot plus I just want to get him established.  I'm sure he'll do fine.  Wednesday I have a much-needed hair appointment for a trim.  Saturday is the big guys birthday.  Per his request, he did not want a party but wanted to go to Drakes for lunch so that is the plan.  I will be making him a cake and have all the decorations needed. Other than that, it's a full work week.


This was yesterday.  Binx has grown SO much in the last 5 weeks.  He's such a joy.

What I'm watching: I watched Bridemaids again while I was working in the kitchen one night.  It always makes me laugh.  

What I'm reading:  I'm about halfway through Khabaar and am enjoying it.  I need to reserve another book or two this week so I have something when I finish.  I can't be without a good book, especially in the summer.

What I'm listening to:  I'm focusing on my inner voice and the people in my circle.  The outside world may be spinning out of control but I can only control what I do.

What I'm eating:  
Baby back ribs, chicken kabobs, mac salad, stuffed mushrooms and texas toast
Left over wings and steak from Saturday, mac salad and corn on the cob
Left over ribs, chicken kabobs, salad and roasted red potatoes
Beef chili-I don't usually make this in the summer but the big guy requested it.  He had a craving.
BIG salad
Moroccan lamb meatballs with curry rice, naan ( I will post this recipe this week.  It was amazing.)



Tonight, I'm grilling a spatch cocked chicken.  Sides to be determined.

Who needs a good slap:  All of the keyboard warriors.  I don't go on FB very often but it never fails when I do there are so many posts complaining about this company or that person.  I just scroll on but can't help but wonder why they are putting this all on FB.  I just don't get it.  

What is making me smile:  Yesterday we had rain off and, on all day, so I was forced to stay in and do things around the house.  I ticked a lot of things off my to do list which always makes me smile.  Today, it's sunny but cooler so the outside windows are all getting done.  I'm going to fertilize all of the trees and bushes.  Then I'm going to relax in my chair outside and read.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!


18 comments:

  1. Your food always looks so delicious & I'm in love with all that fresh produce!! Your kitty is so adorable!
    Can you please tell me where you get the lamb burgers (previous post) from? Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love the veggies. I buy our ground lamb from a local meat market. I've actually haven't seen it in regular grocery stores for a few years.
      I love lamb burgers actually more than beef. If you type in lamb burgers, my recipe should come up.

      Delete
  2. I will look for your naan recipe. I had a delicious one but it was too time consuming to be practical. Little Binx is adorable. Happy Birthday to your Guy. A homemade cake sounds wonderful after a favorite dinner spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam, just type in naan and it should come up. It's a very easy but delicious recipe.
      Binx is so curious and confident, he is a joy.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Binx is getting big so quickly. He might be bigger than my Torrie already. I won't do FB either. I imagine I'm (in)famous on there due to some of the customers I deal with on a daily basis.

    Glad to see you had a great week. I hope next week goes well and tell hubby Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I will tell him. Yes, Binx is growing so quickly. He is very long, has long legs and a long tail so I'm thinking he is going to be a big cat. He already thinks he is a panther.
      Wishing you a good week too my friend!!

      Delete
  4. We have been tuning out "the World," and focusing only, on what is going on, in our Little Circle. We have been forced to, because of health issues. But we try to do this, anyway.

    Nothing we can do about any of it!

    But paying attention to 'the world,' is certainly bad for our health.

    Happy Birthday ahead of time, to your Dear One!

    Gentle hugs,
    🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓 🍓

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the constant news is not good for any of us.
      I hope you all are doing better now. It is no fun to have health issues.
      Thank you. I will tell him you wished him a happy birthday!!
      Enjoy your Sunday!!

      Delete
  5. Binx is so cute! It is amazing how fast they grow! Hope the visit with the vet goes well :) That produce you featured look so yummy! So many wonderful things you grow, Lori! That is neat about the different spices you grow. My son works for an Italian restaurant, the chef is from Italy. He has a hothouse type garden that grows veggies that they use for the restaurant as well as spices/herbs. I agree with the Big Guy. When our birthdays roll around, I too like to avoid parties and have a meal out with just a few people or just ourselves :) So neat that you are getting the rain. We are still waiting for another batch of monsoons to come in. I agree with just focusing on your own thoughts. I'm shutting out the world a lot too these days. I laugh a lot about the things I see on Facebook and I snooze a lot of people too to avoid getting too worked up with what they say :) Have a great week ahead, Lori!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Binx has grown so much in the 5 weeks we have had him. It is crazy. I'm sure all will be ok tomorrow at the vet, he only needs a rabies shot and routine check up.
      We have a wonderful restaurant that we go to that grows a lot of their own veggies and herbs. It's wonderful! I love being able to walk outside and pick something for dinner. Next year I am expanding on my herb garden.
      I was out picking a few weeds this morning and found a huge patch of mint that came back from last year. I love it.
      Yes, I don't like to do much more than dinner with him for my birthday so I get it. That's why I asked. I was planning a BIG party for him a few years ago and he somehow found out and said no thank you. So I stopped planning. lol
      Some of it on FB can be laughed off but some of makes me fearful for the fate of humanity.
      I hope you get some rain and that you also have a wonderful week ahead!!

      Delete
  6. I don't know what I enjoyed most: the vegetables or the Binx or the rainy day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your menu. I need to come eat with you. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep! I agree. I often wonder when a person has a problem or complaint, how is it that his/her first thought is, "I think I will log onto Facebook and post this because random people need to hear me complain."?? Anyway, your produce looks amazing!!! And checking things off a ToDo LIst is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't understand how they think doing that will make anything better.
      Yes, I love my to do lists and checking things off.
      Have a great week Billie Jo.

      Delete
  9. I haven't had a vegetable garden in years and I do miss it. I still grow some herbs in pots and am trying some cherry tomatoes in pots on the deck too- nothing ripe yet with the tomatoes. Now, I go to the farmer's market every Saturday and load up on seasonal veggies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love gardening. Cherry tomatoes do well in pots, actually a number of things do. We have a good farmers market too and I buy whatever I don't grow there.

      Delete